Gift for friend becoming a makeup artist

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello everyone.

I have a friend that is soon to graduate from a makeup artist school, and I want to make her something that will be useful to her in her new career.

I make things from leather, and was thinking of making a custom makeup case (small suitcase sized perhaps) to contain areas for canisters and such in the bottom, with a place for brushes inside the top (if laid flat opens up) and then a removable leather apron-like belt, which would pin in-place over the brushes inside the top, for brushes and what-not she would use while actively working.

I know absolutely nothing about the profession and have not told her about this as I want it to be a surprise. I have about 4 months to make it, so should have plenty of time. Anyway, I was hoping you folks could let me know if this is something that could be useful to her, and any ideas or tips on what to include in the "make-up" LOL, of the gift would be appreciated too.

My plan had been to make the case approximately 20" wide x 12" deep and 5" high.

Thanks for any help.

Claude

Gifting your friend who is becoming a makeup artist is a thoughtful gesture, and there are numerous options that would be both practical and highly appreciated. Consider a professional makeup kit, which would provide a comprehensive range of products such as foundations, eyeshadows, lipsticks, and brushes, ideally from brands renowned for their quality and pigmentation. Alternatively, a set of professional makeup brushes can be an excellent choice, offering a variety of brushes for different makeup applications. For those who value organization, a makeup organizer or a stylish, spacious makeup bag could be ideal, helping to keep their tools and products neatly arranged and easily accessible. Additionally, a gift card to a professional makeup store or an online makeup shop can give them the freedom to choose exactly what they need or desire. Lastly, consider educational resources like a subscription to an online makeup tutorial platform or a makeup artistry book, which can provide valuable insights and enhance their skills.

Latest posts

Back