Dry skin issues?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

Shygal

Hello! I'm sorta new to the whole makeup and skincare stuff.  Recently, I started trying to use makeup and foundation for the first time, but my skin was so dry, the foundation flaked and cracked within a couple hours. I get stress acne and the driest parts of my face are my nose and forehead with dead skin flaking off the sides of my nose most. I have a face wash that i use once a week and a Youth for the people skin moisturizer that i've been using every 2-3 days, but i'm not noticing any changes. Any advice?

Limit your time in the shower or bath to 5 or 10 minutes.
Use warm rather than hot water.
Wash with a gentle, fragrance-free cleanser.
Apply enough cleanser to remove dirt and oil, but avoid using so much that you see a thick lather.

Sounds like you might need a good scrub to manually remove the deadskin. I have similar skin and use Rodan and fields reverse and redefine am and pm cream and active hydration serum for this reason. My skin is so much smoother 

Having dealt with inflammation and dry skin my whole adult life, I know how hard it is to find products that don't cause breakouts and at the same time keep your skin nourished and hydrated. I have used every cream and serum there is over the counter but the product that worked wonders for my skin turned out to be shea butter. I've tried many brands, and the better quality one is Shea Butter Unrefined Ivory-White. It doesn't leave your skin sticky and isn't comedogenic. My holy grail!

Latest posts

Back