No Buy July Is On!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm so excited that I have been back on No Buy and Project Use It Up since June 13. I m glad to be back. I am feeling strong for No Buy July! 

My Goals:

Pay off my smallest credit card. I've been making extra payments, so my balance is down to $70.00. 

Finish using foil pack samples in hair care, body care, and skin care categories. I have left to use: one hand cream foil packet, one face cleanser foil packet, four face cream foil packets (one almost done), and whatever foil pack samples are going to come in my Sisley box for July. 

I'll be getting a Beauty Heroes box and a Sisley box for this month that I paid for before my No Buy began, so I can enjoy these treats guilt free! 

Excited and looking forward to everything! 

Last edited by a moderator:
I paid off my credit card yesterday, with a $70.00 payment. Next goal is to pay off a credit card with $200.00 balance. I'm hoping to pay it off by the end of August. 

There's a really nice new shopping center opening by me, and today I went to the new Five Below store. I loved the store. It was my first time visiting a Five Below. They had nice bath and body products, makeup brushes and tools, facial masques - a beauty shopaholic's dream. I was good and did not get any beauty products! I just got a pack of white chocolate M&Ms [the candy section is awesome also] and a Hint watermelon water. The watermelon water my body probably needs a lot more than any spa products! I was so good; I am proud of myself. 

Way to go @EdithS2! I'm doing a no buy still too but ended up ordering a few things this past week and weekend. I needed a new deodorant but I ended up ordering a mascara and a lipstick too. I also bought 3 tops that were on clearance. I'm back on no buy again.

Well done to you, wish more people took up the no buy motion for a month and cleared off their debt or saved up a little ?

Thank you for the support. It feels great to have the motivation back. It has been a month now - it was like a miracle - I was sitting in my room planning my bill payments one night and all of a sudden I found myself back in the No Buy zone! I finished the small goal of using up all my foil sample packets of hair care, skin care, and body care. That was enjoyable. Since my last post, I used up the following: 

• Dermactin-TS Pore Cleansing Peeling Gel foil packet
  • Dermactin-TS Intensive Pore Sealing Moisturizer foil packet
  • Dermactin-TS Collagen Skin Serum foil packet 
  • Sisley hand cream foil packet 
  • Sisley Black Rose Oil foil packet
  • Graydon Skin Care Face Glow foil packet. That was a lovely foil packet! I really loved using it for the past week. I received it in my Beauty Heroes sub box. It is a tinted face cream. It has a lavender-grey undertone, like Dr. Jart BB Creams. I love that cool tone. It had an amazing consistency. It covered well, and made my face feel very soft. It almost smells and feels like an elegant light dessert. I read that the creator is inspired by her culinary background. It must be the raspberry oil that made the cream smell so good. Beauty Heroes is really a first class sub box! 
  • Harvey Prince Hello Conditioner deluxe sample - This was a holy grail product for my hair! I have long hair and it gets awful tangles! It gets masses of giant tangles that are impossible to get out. I was able to detangle my hair with this. It was a miracle. I made note of the ingredients: almond, coconut, argan and jojoba oil, keratin, silk, and soy protein. 
  • Bubbly Belle 4th of July Bath Bomb - It was a white cloud that melted into red, white, and blue streams. 
  • Degree deodorant
  • Gave away one full size and 2 deluxe sample hair products to a friend. 
My next little mini project is to use up my samples remaining from the Sisley Beauty Subscription. I still have two bags coming in the mail from the six month subscription I got before I went back on No Buy, as well as several minis remaining from the past months. It will be really nice to use them up. At the same time I will pay off my $200.00 credit card. 

Used up:

• Sisley concealer foil packet - it is wonderful. It has an orange undertone to counteract dark circles. The texture is gorgeous. 
  • Sisley Global Perfect (pore minimizing face cream) deluxe sample - it is rich and creamy but also has a powdery finish at the same time. 
  • Caudalie VineActiv eye cream deluxe sample
I finished a full size shower gel - Yves Rocher Apricot Rosemary. It is a 6.7 ounce size, and took me a month to use. I was excited to finish it. I have a Grapefruit Thyme shower gel of the same size, so I think I can use it up in the next month, along with paying off my credit card, which is now at $166. I'm also going to use this very cute little bottle of Pixi Rose Tonic, which smells beautiful. 

IMG_0485[1].JPG

I ordered a few things from Yves Rocher mainly for my daughter. I ordered couple of their nail polishes and I had never tried them before. They are nice. I'm usually good about throwing the envelope from them in the trash but couldn't resist this time and placed an order.

I ordered a few things from Yves Rocher mainly for my daughter. I ordered couple of their nail polishes and I had never tried them before. They are nice. I'm usually good about throwing the envelope from them in the trash but couldn't resist this time and placed an order.
I've been ordering from Yves Rocher since 1991. It was when I was in university, my happy young years. I used to have fun ordering with my Mom. Brings back good memories. The promos with the free gifts are a major weakness of mine! 

I've been ordering from Yves Rocher since 1991. It was when I was in university, my happy young years. I used to have fun ordering with my Mom. Brings back good memories. The promos with the free gifts are a major weakness of mine! 
Mine too! I love the free gifts!! I have great memories ordering from them with my mom too. :)

I miss many Yves Rocher products from the past, perfumes like Shafali, Ming Shu, Magnolia, Venice, Ispahan, Vie Privee, Clea, and many others. Everything has a memory to go with it. They used to have the cutest bottles and jars ever. It's sad Mr. Yves Rocher passed away. He always used to send a letter that said "Chere Amie." They used to send gifts for your birthday and anniversary of being a customer with them. You used to get so much for your money too. Now it's more expensive but still good.

• I paid 50 extra dollars on my credit card. Now owe 116.76. 
  • I am using up Sisley shampoo and Izia body lotion foil packets 
No Buy July is almost over. It has gone by fast. 

I finished No Buy July. It was not too difficult, and went better than expected. I saved $120 total to put towards debt - paid off one credit card and sent $50 extra to another one. I used a few things up. I'm going to keep working on my No Buy in August! 

Latest posts

Back