Curling irons for really long hair?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My hair is very long (down to the bottom of my behind). I have a real problem with curling because all the curling irons I find have barrels that are too short for me to wrap thick curls around. I want big curls and no matter how thick the barrel is, it's always too short for me to wrap the entire length of my hair around it. Does anyone have any good reccs for me?

Hmmm. I don't know of any offhand, but can you overlap the hair, so it fits ? :icon_wink

You could try curling the hair in 2 sections... the top, then the bottom. Grab a small section, start at the middle and curl up toward the root, leaving the end hanging free. Then curl the bottom half starting from the end (make sure you go in the same direction) and work your way up to the middle. ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

i went to a beauty supply store not too long ago where i saw a lonngggggg curling iron, i'm assuming for longer hair.. so, i'm sure they have something for you out there. try a search here online for curing irons for longer hair.. you should come up with something.

I agree, and the smaller sections you take the better results as well. with your hair being that long it is very heavy.

Normally curls don't stay very long in long hair.

Cheap curling irons will not get you want you want either (they don't get hot enough IMO) Hot Tools makes a great one, I always get the ones with the thermostats on them.

hey i just wanted to thank you so much for suggesting this. I wasn't sure if i wanted to try them but then i read your post in another thread about hot sticks. i will now definitely purchase them and hope it works and gives me tight curls. Thank you so much!!

My extentions use to be longer than they are in my avatar and I used to use (and still do) my flat iron and it works great. I just slide the iron down throughout the hair and it curls the entire piece and the curl is very pretty. I always get compliments on my hair when i do it this way. HTH!

Back