Manicures

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
How often do you ladies get manicures? I get them about once every month or so (I know I should go more often). I was just curious to know how often I should really get them.

OMG--I can't believeI'm the first one answering this because--I never get manicures! :icon_eek: I know, I'm a complete freak, so my answer doesn't really count. Actually, my younger sister gives them to me maybe every six weeks, if she's impatient enough with me, but for the most part--I just cut and file my own nails and occasionally paint them--by myself.My rather dreadful next door neighbor "can't function" w/out her weekly manicure, and when I told her I never got them,she simply didn't believe me. She is a complete snob & I realized she thought I was ashamed of where I went to get them done! (She goes somewhere in Beverly Hills,as she proudly tells anyone who doesn't ask, including me. As if there's some visible difference!)

LOL...the last part of your post is so funny. I just started get them late last year after wearing acrylics and I like manis sooooo much better ,maybe because they are alot cheaper than keeping the acrylics (they're only 10 bucks where I live in Texas), but I'm just so lazy when it comes to getting them done regularly.

i do everything myself. if i want to do fake nails, i do that at home too. i have that powder stuff that you paint on your nails too. they last just as long as a $20 acrylic nail thing.

I never get manicures. I used to paint my nails every week, now it's only on rare occasions because I rarely have the time to sit around with wet nails anymore.... Since I never use fake nails or get French manicures (French manicures only emphasize the unusual shape of some of my nails), I can paint my nails a solid color as well as any professional can ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Same for the toenails -- I actually keep my toenails painted all year long because I think my feet are ugly without them painted!

Nails? What nails? Just kidding. Man, I don't pay enough attention to my nails at all. I have REALLY bad cuticles. I just started loving the suckers a bit recently. Very randomly and not so often I use Burts Bees cuticle cream. I always keep them fairly short and clean, but I almost never polish them. I'm the most impatient person when it comes to getting my nails done. Plus, my experience with salons is that they are too hard on my nails and my cuticles actually bleed. I've been contemplating the whole manicure thing alot lately. I deserve it. I've also never had a pedicure.

Yes you do deserve it. Wow...you've never had a pedicure, you must have great looking feet? It seems that the only time my feet look decent is when I get them. And I'm also like you, I became very impatient when it came to getting my acrylics filled in every two weeks (for some reason it seems like a waste of time, I could've been doing something else) but when it comes to getting plain ol manis it's like I'm in and out.

I always do my own manicures, about every 2 weeks. I usually get pedicures, in the summer, about once a month.

i just got my acrylics off and i plan on getting a manicure every week. i also said that last time i got my acrylics off, but that never happened lol

I usually do my own or one of my friends will. Ever once in a great while, I will go in and have one done.

i give myself manicures every couple weeks.

ive only gotten it prof. 2x. the 1st time was to see what they were doing that i wasnt, and the other time was becuase i got a gift certifict for one.

This one thing I really take pride in. I don't go any manicurist (unless it's free, and sometime I get it for free), I do my own nails, and I have the whole kit at home. I love taking care of my hands, and I do it once every week and if I really like the nail colour I have on, I do it every 2weeks...

once a week at least I use my skin decent "manicure in a minute" scrub (which works great), then I file/shape my nails and moisturizing gloves w/ elizabeth arden 8-hour cream. about every other week I'll use polish, but I find my nails are much weaker when I can't get cuticle cream on them, which is why I don't consistently use polish on them. For my feets I try to pumice stone and moisturize them w/ 8-hour cream every 2 weeks, but many days if I'm wearing tennis shoes I'll put some lotion on my feet to help keep them soft.

i do my own manicure and pedicure. i should do it more often but im usually so busy with uni that i dont have time only every 3 weeks or so :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I never got a manicure...i hardly paint my finger nails too b/c i went to a strict catholic grammar school for 9 years that did not allow us to paint our nails. so , it feels weird when i do my nails

I let my nails done professionally twice a month. But I clean it as often as I can. but man...I really hate my nails..it doesn't look good even though I have it clean in a salon twice a month..=(

i give myself a french manicure every week. i bought a sally hansen kit for $6 at the grocery store for french manicures. i haven't used it in the past week and a half, and i don't have any chips yet :icon_smil

Back