No Buy Auspicious August

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm going to continue my No Buy and Project Use It Up in August. Here is where I am at in using up products now:

A0A Pure Cotton Rounds from Shop Miss A; Sisley Shampoo foil pack sample; Yves Rocher Grapefruit Thyme Shower Gel full size; finished mini bottle of Pixi Rose Tonic and started on mini Pixi Glow Tonic; Mario Badescu Oil Free Moisturizer deluxe sample; Sisley Izia Perfumed Body Lotion foil pack.

I want to pay off a credit card with balance $116 this month. 

IMG_0487[1].JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
I finished my Sisley shampoo and Izia Body Lotion foil packet samples this morning. The shampoo is a miracle, but I won't pay $75 for a bottle. If I ever get more samples of it, I'll save them for a special occasion. It was payday today. I made my August payment early for the credit card I'm trying to pay off this month, and now the balance is $77.76. 

Making progress

On the left side of the photo are some items I'm finishing, and on the right are some new things I'm starting to use up. 

• I am almost finished with Yves Rocher Detox Micellar Shampoo. I have about enough for one more shampoo. Then I'll be down to just one shampoo, Suave Rose Shampoo, which I really love. So project use it up will be done in at least one category. 
  • I finished two deluxe sample face creams, Sisley Botanical D Tox, and Mario Badescu Oil Free Moisturizer. I am starting to use my mini of La Mer Cream, which is wonderful.
  • Finished my bottle of Yves Rocher Grapefruit Thyme Shower Gel, 6.7 ounces. Starting on my Yves Rocher Naturelle Osmanthus Shower Gel, 6.7 ounces. This shower gel was made to match a limited edition perfume that was created in 2015, a citrusy floral for spring. I used to have a mini bottle of the perfume, which I didn't use, and just threw away. I've wasted so many things. I was spoiled; I took things for granted. I will never take nice things and enjoyment for granted again. I will cherish my Naturelle Osmanthus Shower Gel this month. I wish I could get back all the things I wasted. When I was growing up, we did not have the Internet, and project pan and no buy were unheard of. We all followed magazines, which were all about new, new, new, and we were told to replace things all the time. Add to that perfectionism and feeling bad about one's looks, and there was no chance of being satisfied or enjoying the things you had. The no buy project pan trend has helped me so much, and I wish it had been a thing when I was younger. I would have enjoyed so much. 
  • I paid $40 extra on my credit card. I now owe $37.76. I'm pretty sure I will be finished paying it off this week. 

IMG_0001[1].JPG

I used up one little item: a bag of A0A Studio Pure Cotton Squares [Shop Miss A]. I paid off my credit card in full today. I also made the September minimum payment already for the next credit card on my snowball list. After that payment, the balance is $118.07. Goal is to pay that off by September 9, in time for the billing cycle closing date. 

Finished Yves Rocher shampoo and La Mer Cream sample; began using up Suave Rose Oil Shampoo and iS Clinical Pro-Heal Serum Advance. I paid $38.07 off of my credit card. $80.00 left to pay off. 

IMG_0304[1].JPG

I paid off my credit card. That's three credit cards paid off since I started my No Buy. 

Latest posts

Back