Tinted Lip Balm * EASY & NO MESS *

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I hope you guys like my first tutorial on mut.

This is what you need:

*A keddle to boil water

*A big and smaller bowl

*Mac pigments ( make sure its lip safe )

*Lip Balm, gloss or vasiline in a jar

*A brand new, never used Bobbypin

*Alcool

*A small spoon

First heat up the water, it need to be steamy hot, not boiling.

Clean up the small spoon with alcool and put about 1/4 spoon of pigments evently on top of your lipbalm, about 0.5cm evenly. Close tighly.

Pour the water in the small bowl, right under the lid of the jar. Put the bigger bowl on top of the smaller bowl to keep the heat in.

Leave for 5 minutes untill the lip balm as soften up, in a rich cream like liquid.

Unfold and clean up the bobby pin with alcool. Use it to stir up the pigments in the lip balm, it takes about 2 to 3 minutes to get it tottaly mixed up evenly. The pigments need to seek in.

Let it cool down and enjoy.

In the jar when its done

Melon mac pigments

Electric coral + white

On my lips: Melon and electric coral + white

If you make some mixes, please feel free to post them in this thread. I want to see other colors.

Cyens,welcome to MUT! This is one awesome tutorial! it's a great idea how to use pigments!

That's pretty neat. I was thinking if there was a way of doing something like that aside from layering lipstick and lip balm on top of eachother.

I have done this using a hair dryer to heat the lip balm, then added in the pigments, stirred, put in freezer for 15 minutes to set.. works equally well. Love the fact we can make our own specific color lip balms.. I even added some vanilla essential oil for yummy taste :icon_chee

Latest posts

Back