Make up advice please?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey! I'm 28 years old and I've NEVER been able to find makeup that works for me. Foundation is my downfall. I put it on and it somehow goes all patchy and funny coloured on my skin. I've tried mousse type, liquid and powder. I just always look ridiculous so I never wear it. (I have oily skin in parts and large pores)

Does anyone else have this problem? Any advice? Foundations to try? Am I supposed to use something under the foundation? I'm a total beginner!

hello sister!
in order to get your foundation looking natural, you need to find out your skin tone before you buy your foundation. find out if you're a cool/warm/neutral skin tone, then u can find your match. If you find it hard to get your own match, you can go to the fenty beauty counter or Maybelline's website for a foundation match help.

Always swatch testers on your neck or your jawline, to see if it fits and no allergies going on with your skin.

before you do your makeup, I reccomend you to do skincare routine to help you on your oily skin and large pores. for the products you need to combat those oil and large pores, I reccomend you to take a look on a beauty youtuber who have the same skin type as yours, and is geniuene on what he/she is saying (not being sponsored). I usually watched James Welsh! :D
you can check him out here, as well for your skincare steps before you apply your makeup:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17WjY5g84kE

Goodluck!

P.S

even if you're oily, i dont reccomend you to take on matte foundation. that foundation types somehow makes you look patchy, flakey, and it slids off when your sebum comes out!.
Dewy foundation somehow just being there, even when your sebum comes out from your skin and it makes you look naturally fresh.
if you're new, I reccomend you to try on Maybelline's fit me, apply it by patting on your skin *dont smear it!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I actually just started using Nanacoco Professional's liquid and powder foundation and love them both! They apply evenly and leave my face with a natural finish. The liquid gives me buildable coverage which I love for days I don't want to apply a full heavy face of makeup.

Hey! I'm 28 years old and I've NEVER been able to find makeup that works for me. Foundation is my downfall. I put it on and it somehow goes all patchy and funny coloured on my skin. I've tried mousse type, liquid and powder. I just always look ridiculous so I never wear it. (I have oily skin in parts and large pores)

Does anyone else have this problem? Any advice? Foundations to try? Am I supposed to use something under the foundation? I'm a total beginner!
Hey! I really recommend this Max Factor Facefinity - it’s perfect for all different colours, I suggest you try it!

Here’s the link: https://amzn.to/2LMBmC7

Hope this helps :)

Latest posts

Back