Please me find the perfect lip shade...

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey hey, 

I'm on a life long quest to find my perfect lip color. I feel like I've tried everything from drug store to high end and can't seem to find a color that is just right. 
I'm looking for a muted, dusky pink that's closer to peach than to berry I guess. I'm very pale with blue eyes and dark hair. I'm looking for something that's matte, long-wearing, won't transfer to my chin when I'm eating/drinking and isn't sticky. 
Holy grail perfect color is Mac Faux - but it's a Satin and I'd need that color as a matte.

I've swatched my favorites on my arm and here's a list of reasons why they aren't quite right for me.

Chanel Rouge Coco in Boy (I could do without the glitter and it's basically translucent so I don't really count it) 

p2 Convey Greatness (too dark, too brown) 

Mac Viva Glam IV (the color is fine but it smudgessss) 

Mac Faux (the Color is perfect but like I said, I'd love that as matte or something that doesn't wear off as easily) 

Maybelline Super Stay Crayon in Lead the way (it's probably the closest color match to Faux but it's not very matte either and I don't love the overpowering vanilla scent) 

Sephora Matte Lip #13 (Beautiful but since I'm so pale it's really not a color I could pull off during the day, it looks very evening glam on me)

Maybelline Super Stay Matte Ink (the color is a bit too orangey-brown BUT the main issue is that it's sooo sticky and doesn't ever dry down completely and I can't deal) 

Wet N Wild Liquid Catsuit in Nudist Peach (it's fine, but very red on me, not quite what I'm looking for as an every day color) 

Clinique Nude Pop (this is like 5 years old so I won't use it anymore, but I did like the color, sadly it's not a matte and I've not seen this particular color in years, maybe it's discontinued) 

My perfect gloss color is Clarins Instant Light Lip Perfector in 07 toffee if that's any help.

TL,DR: Looking for a matte version of a color similar to Mac Faux. 

Please help ?

6E307CBF-F0B2-49DE-96B6-A8E2A00489F8.jpeg

Latest posts

Back