how makeup affects self esteem?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
 so true ! , makeup does help people feel much better of themselves , makeup can make someone feel beautiful even though every single human is beautiful and unique in their on way. personally makeup makes me feel more confident and makes me look better lol. some people wear makeup because its fun , its also an art. i totally agree with your opinion.

Hello everyone, 

Sammy Serrano here and I believe makeup def helps to boost confidence. I have lots of different look ideas if anyone would like to check out my videos. ??

Last edited by a moderator:
I 100% agree! I feel as if makeup is my armor.  It makes me feel confident and in turn that makes me happy. Make up really does boost my mood and takes away some of my self hate. 

Self esteem isn't connected with the makeup. It is more sort of connected with your self acceptance about your self. Makeup just adds to that confidence of yours . It cannot increase your self esteem unless you don't have confidence about your self. There are many who still feels less confident while wearing makeup and more confident without wearing makeup. It is just in one's mind.

Last edited by a moderator:
Self esteem isn't connected with the makeup. It is more sort of connected with your self acceptance about your self. Makeup just adds to that confidence of yours . It cannot increase your self esteem unless you don't have confidence about your self. There are many who still feels less confident while wearing makeup and more confident without wearing makeup. It is just in one's mind.
Yes!  We are told that WE CAN DO ANYTHING if we believe in ourselves and makeup is just a cover to help us feel better about our outward looks.  I started this website back in 2003 just to showcase and celebrate the beauty of ppl who love makeup.  

We know that believing in yourself and accepting yourself for who you are is an important part of the confidence factor.  Success should be rated as your level of positive relationships and the kinds of happiness that you can have.

[SIZE= 20px]It's all about navigating a life with a positive outlook and believing in ourselves!  :6777-emoji: [/SIZE]

On 1/12/2020 at 6:09 PM, SammySerrano said:

Hello everyone, 

Sammy Serrano here and I believe makeup def helps to boost confidence. I have lots of different look ideas if anyone would like to check out my videos. ??

OMG @Reija you hit the nail on the head!  Thank you for starting this website, it kinda gives us a place to call home with makeup and such!

No, it does not affect my self-esteem either way.  Tbh I feel most confident when I'm not wearing makeup.  Perhaps makeup application can be seen by many women as a form of self-care but it's actually more hygienic not to wear it often (sounds weird but it's true), and imo women are coerced into its application by jobs, other women, and men.  Women are pressured to perform femininity or they will be met with violence, which doesn't stop at makeup application (which is a skill not an art form).

Latest posts

Back