My face shape is driving me up the wall - I can't figure it out!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

For years now my face shape has been frustrating for me in terms of picking flattering haircuts, hairstyles and makeup looks. It doesn't seem to fit ANY of the "standard" face shapes and almost seems to be a mix of opposite shapes causing NOTHING to flatter me at all. 

I've only encountered a few people in my life with a similar face shape... actress Courtney Ford is one of them (she was on Dexter, True Blood, a few other things) - 

Courtney-Ford.jpg
latest

OVERALL with a relaxed face I have an OVAL face with a large forehead. HOWEVER as soon as I move my mouth, smile, speak... my cheeks are very wide and my cheekbones are quite undefined. It's like the top of my face stays extremely oval but the bottom goes square/round? 

Does anyone know which traditional face shape would be closest to that? I feel like with a relaxed face my face looks extremely long and skinny but as soon as I speak or smile the bottom of my face looks very chubby and prominent and I just can't figure out what looks flattering. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Back