Is cleansing balm or cleansing oil better at removing makeup than wipes?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm finding it kind of wasteful to use makeup wipes so I wonder if balms or oils are better.

Yes, makeup wipes may irritate your skin. Try using a cleansing oil/balm because it melts away the makeup but you need to cleanse it after

Hello! Yes I definitely feel cleansing balm and oils are better than wipes because it makes sure that your makeup is fully removed even the heavy duty makeup looks. They are hydrating as well. On the other hand sometimes makeup wipes can irritate your skin and also irritate acne. Therefore, it’s better if you use cleansing balms/oils.

Cleansing balms never truly got off my non waterproof mascara. I feel too much rubbing can't be good for your wrinkles anyway. Have not tried the oils.

I think this depends on the skin type, some would thrive better with oils, but mostly , wipes just irritates the skin. Water and oil is a much better alternative for me though

Yes, cleansing products are better at removing make-ups. Make-up wipes are a quick stop-gap when you're in a hurry.

Hello, yes of course. Makeup wipes can be pushing the dirt or impurities inside the pores and cleansing balms or oils will actually break down the dirt and not clog your pores. I don't like wipes and i'll never advice them anyone cause they contain alcohol that can dry your skin and even irritate it and don't contain ingredients that can truly remove your makeup :confused:

Latest posts

Back