How often do you wash your hair?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I heard that frequent washing makes your hair thinner. Is that true?

How often do you wash your hair?

Yes, I heard that too.

I wash my hair at least 1-2 times a week, always with deep treatment mask to avoid splits end.

I don't wash it often even if it become oily the very next day. Maybe 2-3 times a week. I don't think wasing your hair makes the hair itself thin, but maybe the overall hair volume becomes less, since you loose hair when you are washing it...

i'll wash it everyday...!Otherwise, i'll have headache and i'll feel as thou my hair has is sticky n lots of gunks trapped in it..!

but am not really sure abt hair thinning coz i find my hair is pretty much in the same shape..touchwood..! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I don't know about it getting thinner per se', but usually it'll become drier. I wash mine usually every other day, unless I do it curly, and it becomes a rats nest from sleeping - then I'll wash it again the next day. You want to give the scalp's natural oils a chance to coat the hair, and too much cleansing can leave your ends stripped of moisture, and your roots even more oily. (Since over-washing makes your scalp produce MORE oil, thinking it has none - from the washing) :icon_cool

i have thin hair, but it gets greasy very eaisly (thanks dad for that part of the genetics) so i wash it every few days with a clarifing shampoo.

I wash about 2 times a week. If it starts getting dirty with product I just rinse my hair & condition & its clean as before. Obviusly if your hair hasnt been cleaned for weeks & is super greasey this prob wont work.

i've cut down to once every 4-5 days. i don't put anything else in my hair so i don't need to wash much. if i put in stuff then i need to wash it the next morning.

I wash my hair everyday.

Between the products and the oil I'd be a mess if I didn't wash it everyday.

I haven't noticed any thinning but I do have dry hair and need to condition it often.

I wash my hair every other day. Or at least try too. I'll wash my hair everyday if I'm working everyday. I find that my scalp smells bad if I don't wash it everyday. Anyone know how to stop this?

I wash w/ shampoo every second day, and on the other day I just rinse w/ water. Its so curly if I don't at least wet it I can't get it to look decent, its just sort of dry and knotty looking.

I wash mine everyday because it's fine/thin and my skin and scalp are super oily...yeah, thanks to genetics...uhh oh well! Anyways, I'm trying to wash every other day and on the no 'poo days I use Cake Beauty's Satin Sugar hair powder. It tames the oilies and makes my hair smell soo sweet...I sometimes want to try some of the powder hehe jk! However, I also try to work out everyday soo then I have to wash daily. But I switched to organic shampoos because they don't contain harsh ingredients like Ammonium Laureth Sulfate, Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, and those other sulfates. I hope this helps! :icon_smil

ej Maychi procitala sam na tvoj profile da govoris srpski! evo i ja govorim srpski :-D

nadam se da si razumela sve ovo sto sam napisala gore...ako ti jos nesto treba slobodno mi posalji poruku...ja sam nova ovde pa nemogu jos da saljem poruke :-( hehe 'ajde pa mi pisi ako hoces! cao!

Just about everyday!!!! I HATE it because then I have to blow dry and straighten and it's just a pain in the butt!:icon_roll

I used to get away with every other day, but I have to do it everyday otherwise my styling products build up and it drives me nuts. I do use a very moisturizing shampoo and conditioner (cleanse your soul soy silky poo + dish or mmu cosmetics sheshe poo + dish).

Latest posts

Back