What movies have you seen recently?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I had an odd movie weekend. Saturday I took a break from the computer (and believe me, I was having MuT withdrawals) and couldn't find a darn thing on any of the 800 channels we have except.....From Justin to Kelly: The Tale of Two American Idols. I have to say it wasn't that bad. I absolutely adore Kelly Clarkson, though. I think she's very talented. Justin's voice on the other hand is grating to me, but I would still give the movie 3 out of 5 stars.

Later that evening, I chose Hidalgo. It is an amazing story of adventure and symbolic love. It starts out a bit slow, but it's a must see, in my opinion. It's not the type of movie I would normally watch, but I liked it so much, I'm going to buy it. 5 out of 5 stars.

Sunday afternoon, I came across a movie called WiseGirls with Mira Sorvino and Mariah Carey. Not only did I think that was an odd pairing, but the description of the movie alone was just odd to me. I didn't have anything else to do, so I figured what the heck...I'll watch it. It was a very twisted movie. The action starts early on, but beware there are some very intense gruesome scenes. It had many suprise turns and I was very suprised at the ending. I wasn't bored for a minute. I was very surpised to give it a 5 out of 5 stars. *If you liked Enough w/ Jennifer Lopez, you'll like this*

So, movies have you seen recently? And what did you think of them?

Memoirs of a Geisha...5 stars...loved it. Awesome...definitely will buy it when it comes to DVD.

Hidalgo...it's a great movie. I saw it when it first came out, but I was sick so I didn't pay much attention to the movie. I finally decided to watch it again and I loved it!

cheaper by the dozen, king kong, and i cant remember:icon_roll but i do know its more than two:icon_redf ill post them when i remember

I'm not really into movies like Alexander, but I'm running out of choices, so I may check it out! I think AJ is fab.

I hadn't heard of the Constant Gardener, but that looks GOOD! I'm going to move that to the top of my Netflix queue.

Thanks Delphine!

Last night we watched:

Mother, Juggs and Speed - a movie from the early 70's about ambulance drivers, kinda like Bringing out the Dead from a few years ago. It was pretty good for it's time. I laughed so hard at some points I couldn't even breathe.

Last week we went to the theatres and saw The New World. While the cinematography was fantastic, the rest needed a bit of help. Overall we sort of enjoyed it, but it really could have been a lot better.

Crash, Jarhead and Lord of War-liked them all. I want to see Walk the Line, The Constant Gardener, Prozac Nation to name a few..

I watched (for like the 10th time) Under The Tuscan Sun. I love that movie... I think that Diane Lane is excellent.

The Stone Family - it was very good. Sarah Jessica Parker was good, although her screen sister was the more captivating character.

Looking forward to seeing Walk The Line.

Marisol, have you seen Must Love Dogs? If not, that's a must-see. Diane Lane and John Cusak.... Yeah, everyone, I'm a drudge. I keep watching the same movies over & over again. This is one of those! ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Hmm last in the last couple months would be Walk the Line, Last Holiday, Just Friends, Brokeback Mountain. I have netflix so most recent was Employee of the Month (please never watch this, it was so horrible). Tonight I am either going to watch Beauty Shop or Requiem of a dream (from Netflix), prob Beauty Shop, I am a little scared of the second one. I keep putting it off. I am having a bad week so my mom suggested we see a movie or go on a vacation, I just said blah. I cant think of anything in the theatres I havent seen that I want to. She keeps mentioning Family Stone, but I think I would get sad.

Mother, Juggs and Speed - I loooooovee :icon_love comedies, so I'll have to check this one out.

I do want to see Walk The Line. I didn't know Prozac Nation had been made into a movie. Oooh. I want to see that, too!

Marisol, I love Under The Tuscan Sun. It makes me want to live in Italy. I could definitely watch that over and over. Diane Lane is a beauty.

I also heard the Stone Family was a must-see. Thanks for the info birdwing.

Amanda - Do you wanna be my Netflix friend? ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Lina - I heard something about Red Eye the other day. I don't recall what it's about. I'll check it out.

I haven't seen Must Love Dogs OR Memoirs of a Geisha. :confused:

I rented "The Believer" with Ryan Gosling (The Notebook) and thought he did an AMAZING job!!! The movie itself was incredible intense, examining the life (loosely based on a true story) of a Nazi skinhead who is in fact Jewish (yet hiding it). It deals with his internal struggles with a part of him that he hates, yet has a deep and profound respect for. I'm Jewish, so it hit home a little bit for me. It's one of those movies that I think is important to see once, and probably never again. But Ryan did quite a stellar job in this!! Boy can act!!

I also rented "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" after putting off renting it for my son because how could possibly match Gene Wilder's version? To my surpirse, I quite enjoyed it, and so did my son!! He was dancing around the room to all the musical numbers!! I found that this movie hit harder on the moral values of the book that the older movie did not. I really liked how it examined for of Willie Wonka's background and to why he was they way he was. I also LOVED the little boy that played Charlie. He did so well!! You could feel the love he had for his family!! We'll probably end up purchasing this one!!

I also forgot to mention that I've seen the movie Crash. Amazing...a wonderfully directed movie full of people who can ACT. And, it makes you think twice about the way you act and they way everyone else acts. It's amazing how much of a difference one kind act can make.

I highly recommend Crash.

I also saw Batman Begins. Wow...it's the best movie version I've seen yet. All of the Tim Burton ones were lame...but this movie was excellent (well, Katie Holmes sucked in it...very "robotic" acting) but everyone else was really good.

Malinda, The Believer sounds like it would be could. I'll check that one out. My Netflix queue is HUGE. I'm glad to hear you liked Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. I was hesitant to watch it, but my son wants to see it (again - he saw it on a field trip during the summer) so I feel better about it.

VenusGoddess, Thanks for your thoughts on Crash and Batman Begins. I wonder how questionable it would be for a 6 year old to watch BB.

The last two I saw were The Aristocrats and The Fog. The Aristocrats was pretty funny, though it's vulgar beyond belief.

I hated, hated, hated The Fog (2005)! It was consistently lame up until the last 15 minutes, then it bottomed out with a pure crapfest of pointless plotlines just to wrap the movie up. My husband and I FLIPPED off the TV in our frustration!

Latest posts

Back