New Years Resolutions 2020

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am going on a No Buy (replacements only) in January and February. My goal is to pay off a credit card of $140 (accounting for interest, I will need to pay off around $150), and to use up my deluxe sample sized beauty items. The same resolution I have every year, but this time it's different. I'll be paying off the last in a very long series of mini debts I had in my debt snowball, after two years of paying things off. After that I'll be going into a different phase, working on larger debts. Also, I am starting with far, far fewer sample beauty products than I used to, having used so many up in the last two years.  It's exciting, getting to the end of this phase. I'm going to be going through my samples in the next two weeks and getting ready! It's a good way to start the year, with smaller goals and easier wins. 

Another New Years Resolution I am thinking of: The 52 Week Savings Challenge. This is a behavior modification technique for people who don't have the habit of saving money. The idea is to save $1 the first week of January. The next week, you save $2, and increase the amount by one dollar each week, until you reach $52 at the end of the year. After completing this, you will have over $1300 saved. You get used to saving little by little. I never save money - I either spend all my money or send it all to creditors, and that's why I have debts (apart from being a shopaholic), because I have to borrow when things come up. 

On YouTube I found a channel called NaturalFitNurse with a good video on the challenge (52 week $$$ Challenge; December 11, 2019). The lady on this channel just completed the challenge and counts out the pile of cash saved, and shows a little calendar book where she marked off the amount saved each week - it is very satisfying to see! It made me want to start this challenge really badly. There are many people in the comments section who are excited about it too! 

New Years Resolutions are changing for the better! I paid off my last small credit card today, so I won't have to worry about it in the New Year! I also got a lot of wonderful new mini beauty products for Christmas! Now I can rethink my plan. The next item on my debt snowball is a debt just under $1000. I want to pay it off by the end of the year, and I may be using up a lot of lovely Christmas gifts in the New Year! 

I've vacuumed and finished my thank you notes for my Christmas presents. I found some inspiring new No Buy videos on YouTube, and some new channels to subscribe to, and I decided to share. 

• Phoebe Moon - "Starting My No Buy Year 2020 / Facing My Biggest Addiction" - Dec 28, 2019 - This young lady is a college student from the UK. I love that she is working on avoiding credit card debt. She has wonderful ambitious plans and goals! She paid off all her debt to prepare for her No Buy, which I really admire! 
  • Ouga - "December Empties / Before 1-year no buy" - Dec 28, 2019 - She seems to be using a lot of minis up, like I like to do. 
  • Elle S - "5 No Buy Challenges! / My No Buy Year x2" - Dec 21, 2019 - I agree with her tips, such as watching Netflix to take one's mind off of shopping when starting a No Buy. A super creative person! 
  • iseedee - "Christmas Countdown 2019 - Plan With Me #bulletjournal" - Dec 17, 2019 - She does all her own artwork to decorate her journal and has habit trackers. It is really beautiful.
  • Bold Budgeting - I love anything from this channel! This newlywed from New York is paying off many debts. She had an amazing video recently on how to budget for Thanksgiving dinner. I LOVE channels where people write down their debt snowballs and budgets, and this is my favorite one.  It's so inspiring! 

Latest posts

Back