Foundation for 30+ years old woman

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi I really need som help to find a good foundation. Im 35 years old and when I put on foundation it looks terrible. On the left side I have no makeup but in the right side I have Max factor radiant lift foundation. I still have acne and thats why I want to use foundation..

0DCA2D4E-4C1C-4404-B7D9-84986C136049.jpeg

Have you tried makeup primers? Also do you exfoliate on regular basis? 1-2 times a week? Getting rid of the dead skin helps with the foundation to stay and go on more smoothly. Also what type of moisturizer do you use? I've found that all those things affect how the foundation goes on. It's hard to find the right combo but so worth it once you do. I really like Pixi skin care products for exfoliating. The Glow tonic toner is my favorite. Both Pixi and DermaE have great moisturizers.

Have you tried primers with silicone? (benefit porefessional pro balm, elf, etc) The silicone doesn't penetrate the skin, helping to hide the pores and other imperfections. If you decide to stat exfoliating please take care with physical exfoliators(coffee, baking soda) because you may damage your skin. I would recommend cleansing with some soft chemical exfoliators (Cerave SA cleansing lotion)

Have you tried makeup primers? Also do you exfoliate on regular basis? 1-2 times a week? Getting rid of the dead skin helps with the foundation to stay and go on more smoothly. Also what type of moisturizer do you use? I've found that all those things affect how the foundation goes on. It's hard to find the right combo but so worth it once you do. I really like Pixi skin care products for exfoliating. The Glow tonic toner is my favorite. Both Pixi and DermaE have great moisturizers.

I am totally with this response. I'm 71, almost 72 and I've been using Clarin's products for years. They have an extensive product line.

It really comes down to having a good skincare routine. However, here are some suggestions that can help too. Mineral-based powder foundations are ideal if your skin is oily acne-prone skin. Use a good mattifying primer underneath such as Smashbox Photo Finish Oil + Shine Control Matte Primer or the Honest Beauty Everything Primer Matte. My favorite powder foundation is the Gabriel Cosmetics Dual Powder Foundation. It goes on so smoothly, is never dry or cakey, offers great coverage, and really lasts throughout the day.

Latest posts

Back