No Buy Year 2, Month 12 - May 12 - June 12

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm in Month 12 of the second year of my No Buy! I've done well this year. I paid off a lot of debts. It was a great decision to go back on my No Buy last June 12. I do miss shopping and am nostalgic for shopping. But still so far from using up my stash and paying off all my debt. I'm going to switch it up soon and use up full size skin care products instead of minis. I only have minis in the following categories now:

1. Leave-in conditioners and hair treatments
  2. Body lotions
  3. Makeup
  4. Perfume
  5. Masks
  6. Toners - ALL other mini skin products USED UP after much hard work 
I am almost finished with a full sized cleanser, and then I will have five full sized cleansers left: four different types from Yves Rocher, and one from Principal Secret. Each one has a matching full sized face cream. It will be my next project to finish those. Excited for that! I've worked on minis for two years, and still have not used them all up. Of course, I replenished a lot, as I had five months backsliding between No Buy Year one and Year two! 

Last edited by a moderator:
I have now passed the anniversary of being back on my No Buy, so I have completed Year 2! To recap, I went on a No Buy at New Year of 2018, and it was really successful. I used up a lot of things, and paid off a lot of debts. Then, in late January 2019, I crashed, and started shopping again, way too much, and got piles of new things. I felt bad about it, but could not stop. I started to slow down a bit in the spring, and then, on June 12, 2019, I was looking at my bills, and just began setting goals again and easily went into remission from overspending and went right back to my No Buy habits. It was a great feeling. I've been good all year, paid lots more debt, only bought deodorant, toothpaste, toothbrush. I did get a Beauty Advent calendar, but I managed to just get that one thing without going on a spree. I still have the box and many of the products from the Advent calendar, and intend to refill and reuse it at the end of the year. No Buy Year 2 was a success. 

The last few items used up in No Buy Year 2

• Pack of Delon cotton rounds
  • Mini bottle Sisley Tropical Resins Toner - very delightful 
  • Mini Mamonde Rose Water Toner - Mamonde is a branch of Amore Pacific, all about skin care from flowers, very romantic
  • Mini Nest Sicilian Tangerine Body Cream 
  • Mini Kani Moon MIlk shimmering body oil from past Petit Vour box 
  • Full size cleanser - The Creme Shop Double Cleanse 2 in 1 Facial Foam witch hazel/lemon/green tea

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back