DIY Lip Products (Oils, Scrubs, Gloss)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey Everyone.. during this lockdown I found a little hobby in making lip scrubs and oils. 
I have tested these on myself for a month making sure the formula and consistency is how I want it. 

Here are my Lip oils! Also my scrubs, but I didn't take a photo yet unfortunately!

Oils that I explored with:
> Grapeseed Oil 
> Sweet almond Oil
> Avocado Oil
> Jojoba Oil
> Coldpress Coconut oil 

and then I addd drops of flavourings and mica colouring!

IMG_0090.pngIMG_0023.png

IMG_0109.JPGIMG_0108.JPG

Thank you! I have been looking up lip balm recipes originally, then I started looking into oils and scrubs, from online blogs pages, DIY youtube tutorials from actual business owners who have their own lip care brand and just general research into what each oil does and what is more beneficial for the lips specifically. OH! Pinterest has so many good recipes for basic lip scrubs and blogs too!

There was so many things I've learn about different oils, also about what type of product I needed for scent/flavour, for example best to use essential oils in lip products. You can only use SOME fragrance oils.. but you have to be wary of which ones as some is not safe for lips. 

Those look nice.  I'll have to research mica coloring for my own projects now.  I sort of DIY for many of my self-care products but I don't put them into containers or anything cool yet.  I think buying pure oils is better than a lot of other products which are often overpriced, unethical, and diluted of good ingredients.  Jojoba oil is amazing for my face skin and lips.  Castor oil is another one of my favs for body skin but apparently it's slightly more drying than other oils.  I'm using it on my brows lately.  Anyone have details on their favorite oils please share. ❤️

Those look nice.  I'll have to research mica coloring for my own projects now.  I sort of DIY for many of my self-care products but I don't put them into containers or anything cool yet.  I think buying pure oils is better than a lot of other products which are often overpriced, unethical, and diluted of good ingredients.  Jojoba oil is amazing for my face skin and lips.  Castor oil is another one of my favs for body skin but apparently it's slightly more drying than other oils.  I'm using it on my brows lately.  Anyone have details on their favorite oils please share. ❤️
That sounds amazing! I think DIY is so much fun and also a great for just general knowledge when you look into benefits of each oils and what is good for the face, eyes, lips.. 

So far my favourite is jojoba oil and caster! :)

Latest posts

Back