The Official Fitness Challenge Thread!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
THE FITNESS CHALLENGE IS NOW CLOSED TO NEW MEMBERS, IF YOU DID NOT REPLY BEFORE THE START DATE OF FEBRUARY 4TH, YOU MISSED IT, SORRY GUYS!

Starting date of February 4th and ending date of April 4th. Each person who decides to participate will eventually contribute $5 each person. This money will be pooled to whoever wins the Challenge as a "prize" and reward for following through and winning the contest... If you have PayPal, you can PayPal the winner your $5, or if no PayPal, you can mail a Money Order or send money Via Western Union.

Now, onto the objective. For the length of the contest run, each person will work out, whether it is every day or just when you can, we are all going to be doing it. You will log the amount of time you spent working out, what you did, how you felt etc. You will post all of this in the official MuT Fitness Challenge Thread. At the beginning of the contest on February 1st, we will all log our current measurements in inches on various parts of our bodies. As the contest rolls on, every week on Saturday (starting with Saturday, February 4th).

Weekly post your measurements and keep a tally of your total loss in inches from the beginning measurement taken on Feb 1st. You will measure around your upper arm, chest, waist, hips, thighs, and a leg. Add those measurements together for your total initial measurement.

Then as the weeks go on, take new measurements, add them together, then subtract this number from your total initial measurement that you took on February 1st. This will give you the total loss of inches that your body has sustained, which is how we will determine the winner of the challenge...

By the end of the contest, the person with the most loss in inches will win! They will receive whatever money pool we decide upon... If you also want to take before, during, and after body pictures, you are more than welcome to do so... I am certainly up for it!!

If a person wants to stop working out, or decides to stop doing the challenge, they would still come back at the end to participate in the money pool to the winner of the contest.

A big important thing to do is to POST! Post when you are feeling energized, post when you are feeling discouraged, post questions about a particular exercise you are doing or ask for help deciding WHAT do to! We all want to support each other and make this contest not about the prize at the end, but about the hard work and sweat we put into our health, into our bodies! You don't have to only post in the thread when you are logging time spent working out, post when you need advice, or when you have advice to give, etc...

Let's see if we can make our bodies outshine our gorgeous faces!! :icon_lol:

Ok gals, lets get READY TO RUMBLE !!!! Its ON !!

Leila and I are thinking TWO groups for this contest.

Group 1: Those already working out

Group 2: Those who are not presently working out, or very little.

So there will be a pot for Group 1 and a pot for Group 2, all the same details as Leila’s original post here. Leila will keep a list of Group 1 gals and I’ll keep a list of Group 2. We’ll ALL post here together tho !!!!

Sooooooooooo, WHO’S IN and what do you think about the two separate groups idea? C’mon gals !!!!

Oh BTW, I’m in – group 2 “ )

Lina, right there w/ ya, I'm terrified too !!!

i skipped my spin/yoga class last night : (

But I was thinking, Leila, wanna bump the start date to February 4, I mean ... to give a few more days so some more people can read the thread and join in?

Here's the list of Group 2 gals so far:

(I'll edit this post and try to keep this list updated as frequently as possible),

PM me if I've messed up at any time

Mitsuko

Linab: Lina

Becka 110: Becka

Eightthirty: Melissa

VenusGoddess: Angel

Little_Lisa: Lisa

Clairey: Claire

SmartStyle437: Tiffany

Choci: Lynn

Kwitter: Kelly

Contributing $ 10 ea !

I mentioned this to Leila and Becka and they suggested I ask yall here.....Of course, since we're changing the date I suppose the answer is dependent on how many more people join. If there is not a significant increase in the number of participants, would anyone be interested in increasing the amount to $10 per person?

More money = more motivation and although I'm not even close to confident I would win, I would certainely work harder and the result would be a better me.

Of course, I'm in for the challenge regardless. I guess put me in group 2. I haven't worked out in quite some time (except for one Friday a few weeks ago and a walk the Friday after that).

I referred a few of my friends from my weight loss group (that I never visit even though I'm the owner). Hopefully, they'll join.

Becka and Leila, very good idea to break us into two groups! Count me in and I'm in Group 1. :clap :clap The measurement advice in the other thread is excellent, btw! Hopefully over the next few days we can hammer out some standards and guidelines, like the group idea, that will benefit those in all fitness levels. Way to go ladies!!

I'm up for $10 if others want to, and otherwise $5 is fine too.gals what do you think? I suppose we could totally all make a final decision on that after Feb 4 too

I'm definitely in group 2! I like the idea of breakin us down into 2 groups. :icon_bigg

I am also all for contributing $10 to the winner. $5 is fine, too. Whatever everyone decides upon but more money= more motivation. :icon_chee

$10 is fine with me, with a max of $20 if we want to negotiate the amount any further. :icon_bigg

Wow! I never would've guess you weren't already a workout regular! You always write insightful responses regarding health and fitness so I just assumed you were already in a program. Good to see you part of this challenge!

WHOA !!! LOL

So gals, did we decide, are we going to post measurements? I fear I may have a heartattack after I see mine on paper, but, I think I should do it for my own good, just to see if I improve any.

and maybe there are more measurements to be taken?

I'll post mine tonight, see if I can find the tape measure around here, join me if you want gals!

5, 10, 15, 20 bucks it doesn't matter to me, put I am in and in group 2 :0) I have never worked out a day in my life... I am scared lol but I am also in.

Latest posts

Back