Dry Skin Care...

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My sister is 21 years old and has very very very dry skin. She was lucky as teen b/c she never got zits (definately not like me!), but now as she gets older you can really see the lines starting. She has crows feet and goes tanning, no matter how much my mother and I ask her not too. Sometimes she looks older than me in that respect and Im pushing 30.

Im trying to find a good skin care regimen for her (along with drinking water and STOPPING tanning) and was wondering if anyone has any suggestions about cleansers, face creams, and/or night treatments.

She is in college, so the less expensive the better!

Thank you... I know the tanning is horrible. She just doesn't get it though. She has that "im young and invincible" attitude towards it. I can't say much, I used to do it too when I was younger (only for proms and weddings though) now you wouldn't find me near a tanning booth.

The kicker is she is beautiful. Such a pretty girl, doesn't need the tan at all.

I'll suggest she try Neutrogena or maybe Olay.

I have a similar experience with a former friend...

About 10 years ago I became friends with a woman who ran a salon/tanning studio. One day we were talking and I made a comment about how she's about my mom's age (45ish)...oooh, big mistake! Turns out she was only 33! She was frequent user of the tanning beds, plus she tanned outdoors too. I was mortified and unfortunately she was too. We didn't talk much after that but I saw her less than a year later and she was MUCH paler than I had ever seen her. This was in the summer, too! I suppose she started taking the warnings regarding tanning seriously. Unfortunately, the damage was long since done.

I moved to the south a year after and the salon is no longer in business, but I hope she's doing okay. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Going tanning is actually pretty addictive!! I used to be addicted to it and I really had to look at the reasons I was doing it. Turn your sister on to some sunless tanners, too. Those are really great. THey've come a long way from when I was in high school and they turned me orange. My favorite is the Neutrogena foam for the body and the medium face one that's tinted. Good luck.

Sarah:icon_cool

Does she go tanning as in, tan in the sun. Or does she go to a salon for tanning?

ick tanning. don't think I need to cover that.

I would go w/ C.O. Bigelow for skincare. Their rose cold cream and toner, and their "incredibly moisturizing face cream" are the best products I have found for super dry skin. I would suggest using a retinol products and sunscreen, but it's no use if she keeps tanning.

Back