Wrinkle prevention

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello, I am 27 and am obsessed with finding the best route to preventing and getting rid of the wrinkles that are already forming. For the last 8 years I have always used some sort of treatment but never used very consistently(retinol, Olay regenerest, AHA cream, & microderm abrasion to name a few) but I want to know what is the tried and true best so I can stick with it.

My second question is whether the fact that I haven't stuck with the same regimen over the years means that I wasted time? Or did I still benefit my skin? I eat healthy, wear sunscreen and take vitamins but I can't seem to figure the skincare part out. Please let me know a good regimen that I can stick with from now on..THANK YOU!!

Welcome to Makeuptalk Betsy.

I'm not sure if there's way to get rid of wrinkles forever, all I know we can only prevent instead of curing it.

I'm also trying to prevent wrinkles by wearing moisturizer with antioxidant and spf everyday even when I'm at home. Sunglass is also a "must" to prevent wrinkles around the eyes, so I never leave home without it.

I use a great anti -aging skin care line, not found in stores. Treatment was tested and shown to renew the skin cells by 23%. Reduction of wrinkles by 23% after two weeks of using the product and 55% after 4-8 weeks. It is a cosmeceutical company.Moisture content increased by 54.2% after 8 weeks. The increasing firmness of skin increased by 51.9% after 8 weeks. If you would like more info pm me.

This stuff is amazing.

most people don't wear enough makeup to get the spf specified on the label, and even so most makeup w/ spf doesn't have broad spectrum block anyway, so it's best to wear a seperate sunscreen.

I use a cream called Prevage, which you can read about & purchase on Skinstore.com. Around my eyes I use Renova, which my dermatologist told me about--I'd never read anywhere that you can put it around it your eyes, but he told me to and I really think that it works.

Does anyone know if Retinol and AHA's only work if they are used forever? Do they damage your skin if you stop, or are you ahead of the game for the time that you did use them? Also, can you use either of them on your eyes? If so, do you need to use a formula strictly for eyes?

THANKS!!

no, you can use them just for short periods of time. they don't damage your skin if you stop using them, but you should always use a high SPF sunscreen when using them because they make your skin more sun sensitive, and if you're not wearing s/s you're negating any effect they may have. You don't need to use a formula strictly for eyes, but if you have sensitive skin it's best.

The above advice is spot on. Prevention really is your best bet at the moment - people seem to be much more educated about limiting sun damage compared to the past and I think it goes without saying that the eye area should be treated with care. So no stretching and rubbing the skin around there!!

I use retinol (in the form Renova) on my eyes--my dermatolagist reccommended it. No special formula, just light application mixed with a more moisturizing cream(I use anything from Olay Regenerist Eye Cream to plain Nivea). I pat it on my browbones(the Renova)then my eyelids, then all the way around & under my eyes--then put the milder cream on--I love how this seems to be working, too--faint lines fading, & no new lines appearing either!

However, if you have very sensitive eye skin, you might want to try something like Kinerase made especially in a formula for the eye area--its evidently very potent too, w/out the problems of having to be exta careful about using sunscreen...(I use sunscreen even on my eyelids!...let it dry before applying makeup.)Eye formula Kinerase was actually mydermatologist's first choice for me when I said I wanted something really tough for the lines around my eyes...I chose Renove cause it is supposed to be just a little stronger...but both are quite good.

I agree with Leony and Ley. You cant stop it or prevent it. Everysingle woman develops wrinkles. Its impossible to stop it, but theres things you can do to minimize them and things you can do to calm it down. The majority of people will agree that wrinkle creams and anti aging creams will do the trick, but in my personal opinion,they dont work. Women are so desperate to NOT get wrinkles and look young and skincare companys LOVE it. Its theyre way of getting loads of money$$$. Even if a cream doesnt work, people will still buy these items, and the companys still make money. :icon_conf

Everybodys gonna get old and age. As the days go by, months, hours, minutes were getting older and nobody can do anything about it. If anyone wants to debate that,as soon as theyre debate is finished, theyve gotten older. lol. Its inevitable. Your available options are to:

1. Accept it and not do anything about it.

2. Go out and buy all these "miracle anti aging creams" and make companys even more richer out of your own insecurites.

3. Go to a plastic surgeon and get some plastic or a nice lovely chemical injected in your face to smooth out your wrinkles

Hummm, dont know what else, but those are pretty much your choices.

I think the best thing to do is just to accept it. Its like being in denial that tomorrow will be a new day. Its inevitable. Tomorrow WILL be a new day and theres nothing you can do about it or stop it and as the seconds and minutes go by your closer to that new day. Were all gonna get all old and crinkly. :icon_chee Just got reminded of tales from the crypt. LOL. :icon_conf You can worry about getting old which will just make you develop more wrinkles or just accept it. BUT just remember that whether you accept it or not, Its STILL gonna happen. :icon_chee

Latest posts

Back