Heroin hidden in puppies

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Sick, sick, sick... :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Colombian drug dealers smuggled heroin into the United States by surgically implanting the powerful drug into puppies, the Drug Enforcement Administration said on Wednesday.

Special Agent-in-Charge John Gilbride of the DEA's New York Field Division said in a statement that 21 Colombian nationals were arrested on Wednesday for smuggling over 20 kilograms (44 lb) of heroin, worth $20 million at street prices, into the United States.

Among the methods used to transport the drugs were human couriers, who swallowed heroin packets, as well as the Labrador Retriever puppies. In one planned shipment, six puppies were found impregnated with three 3 kg (6.6 lb) of liquid heroin packets.

DEA spokeswoman Erin McKenzie-Mulvey said that in January 2005, DEA officers and police in Colombia found six puppies with scars on their bellies at a makeshift veterinarian clinic on a rural property.

Ultrasound scans revealed the heroin hidden inside the young dogs, three of which later died of infection. Another four puppies were found with no drugs inside them, she said.

McKenzie-Mulvey said the traffickers had planned to retrieve the heroin after the dogs had passed U.S. customs.

She said the surviving dogs are now, "living happily with families in Colombia."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060202/od_nm/drugs_puppies_dc

I heard about that the other night, i was soooo mad and sad. I love animals. How could someone do that??? Thats just wrong. Poor dogs.

Omg, that's so sick... How do you even get a twisted idea like that in your head??

when I read the title of this thread I almost couln´t read the post...I thought all the puppies died. good to hear at least some of them survived and are living with loving families now.

this is just sick. poor puppies

I saw that on the news yesterday and was so upset! Those people should be shot for doing that to those poor puppies!!!

i saw that on the news..so sad!!! i wish i could adopt all of the poor little things, i love dogs--i don't know HOW someone could do that to innocent animals. people like that make me f***ing sick!!! :icon_mad:

You are right. This is pretty terrible. But these people will get human beings, usually young women in poverty, to swallow bags of heroin, running the risk of the bags rupturing inside and killing them, and also running the risk of imprisonment when caught. All they care about is money, and they don't value human life, let alone the lives of a few dogs.

So true, thinking of all the lives that are destroyed by the drug itself, whether it be through direct usage or through crime and dealing. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I heard this the other day. I can't believe how sick some people are.

It's horrible.

Back