Dramatic eyes in the daytime?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it would depend on the actual lighting in the place you are going to. I mean if its lit with natural light it may be to dramatic if its artificial light go for it IMO

IMO, i think it is, even if the place has artificial lighting. Have you seen the smokey champagne look that Violet did as a tutorial? It would look awesome. If you want something darker i think you should use brown instead of black

Go for it girl! I'd wear a smokey eye look to work if i had time to do it in the mornings! Will the party be going on all day and in to the evening? You could always do a smokey look with another colour besides black.. like bronze or purple!

i say go for it too. i agree that with your colouring it wouldnt be too much, and it is an engagement party after all!

This is a special occasion, this look is in, you obviously want to do it so I agree with the girls who say "go for it." If you keep the lipstick toned down, the smokey eyed look will never look like "too much" IMO. And there are so many silly dos and donts and rules, sort of like "no white shoes after labor day" that are there to be broken, sometimes?

I'd suggest doing another color besides black for the smokey look, like li_matos and Laura suggested. It's just as gorgeous and a little less predictable.

A smokey look sounds great but black might be a bit much. How about olive green?

you sould def do it! i do it allll the time :icon_chee ( but i wouldnt use black maybe like purple or something like that)

I would say definitely do it! maybe tone it down just a little more than you would at night--like use a dark grey charcoal liner instead of black, or deep violet maybe--just soften it very slightly, that's all. Have fun!

I totally agree....you can't go wrong. Black is a classic....and it will smolder you through to night time!

do it!!

i believe dramatic eyes look beautiful regardless if its daytime or night.

the other ladies have given good advice too if you are intimated by doing all black for the morning try a different shade and make it look smokey.

i myself do black smokey eyes often, even if its daytime, and it classically lasts me all day from class in the morning to going out with friends at night.

Back