Pink's new song/video "Stupid Girls" - controversy

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
We all know Pink is about controversy. It's not intentional, but rather just the way she feels. I think she is a groundbreaker. She knocks my socks off. I love how opinionated she is and I LOVE her new song/video. I want to know what you think?

Pink_150.jpg

1. What do you think about Pink in general?

2. What do you think about her new song/video "Stupid Girls"?

I haven't seen the whole video yet.

Looks like it throws some well-placed punches at Hollywood's popular girls, though.

I love pink! She's opinoinated, smart and funny. I have heard about her new video but I haven't seen it yet. Looking forward to seeing it, and more of Pink!

Diana, you check the vid out on MTV.com. It takes a minute to load, though!! It's great, especially the Jessica Simpson play!

Just watched it and I LOVE it! She's so on target satirizing pop culture and the young women who focus on the external and starve the brain. That old woman at the end...LOL!!!

Yeah, little girl. Go outside and play. :clap

I like Pink and love her hubby even more. lol

I saw clips of the video and she sure is sticking it to them.

i never saw the video but i saw some parts it looks funny, i saw where she was making fun of jessica simpson and it was funny :icon_chee

I really like Pink and what she stands for. Her and Carey make such a great couple. Her video/song is just a testament to some of the empty shells in H'wood. :icon_chee

I love Pink 'Just like a pill' is my fave song of hers. I have always been a fan and I love the fact that she's not afraid to say what she REALLY thinks of people. I have the same views as her about animal rights too. The new video is cool, it is showing certain shallow image obsessed people for what they really are............... :icon_lol:

I havent seen this video yet, but I will. Plus I'm way too old to be Pink's target market, and my musical tastes are more toward industrial techno and rock but...

It sounds like she is criticizing the supply side and not the demand side. Such as the Hollywood machine that doesn't give film roles to women over 40. (Top marks to MAC for featuring the ever beautiful Catherine Deneuve, BTW) And who are the market who buy Hello magazine and watch the shows on TV? We get the celebrities we deserve, and we are collectively responsible if we value looks over content. We get the celebrities we deserve.

i'm indifferent about pink and her video. jessica simpson and lindsey lohan appeal to a certain market.. the same way that pink appeals to a certain market. even pink can be labeled. pink came out a couple of years ago very edgy, pink hair... very soulful sounding & singing r&b.. now she's somebody very different so i'm not convinced that she's this straight forward, stick to your guns type of person. just seems like a publicity stunt to me.. although it is very entertaining to say the least.

I really like her. Love her song and video. I too feel like hollywood is a bunch of empty-headed dipsticks. Not all, but many.

Been thinking about it, and I don't really like the poke she took at the girls who purge their food. It's an actual disorder for some and not just vanity.

Sorry so long.

I'm probably not your standard music afficionado (among other things). I don't fit in with the target market crew because it is not the video or even neccessarily the image portrayed that I'm drawn to. I don't read magazines, except on a rare occasion (e.g. doctor's office), nor do I watch tv that often (usually ONLY Sundays from 7pm-11pm, nothing relating to music). Over the past few years I can probably say that I don't even know what 1/2 of the artists out there look like unless they've been around for awhile, but there are a ton whose music I thoroughly enjoy. I enjoy every single genre of music (including Latin, opera, rock, punk, classical, country, rap, pop, dance, etc). So, I don't consider myself to be discriminatory in anyway of the music itself. So, what would I care what they look like? As far as Pink's message is concerned, I believe it has more to do with someone speaking out for people like me. I don't have time to picket about how f*ed up Hollywood is because quite frankly I don't care what Paris Hilton is doing or who Nick Lachey is shacking up with. At the same time, she's also trying to relay a message to those who are caught up in the chaos of Hollywood hype, plastic surgery, sex tapes, divorce and designer clothes.

I also like all of the music of the stupid girls Pink portrayed in the video, but I just think it's ashame that the entire entertainment industry has become more of an I spy, tabloid game. I can't figure out how to relay my point of view. Hopefully, this will help you understand what I'm trying to say b/c I'm starting to confuse myself.

To sum it up. I like all music, I don't care about celebrities, I do think women/young girls are being given a horrible impression on what is acceptable, but at the same time I believe that is where parent responsibilty should come in. Where it doesn't, perhaps Pink can help relay the message that it's ok to be different. You don't have to be "a barbie girl in a barbie world". How's that? Someone wants speak for us nonconformists. Most of us (nonconformists) just choose to ignore.

Latest posts

Back