Hair color question

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi everyone:eek:)

How are you? I recenlty went out and died my hair with Loreal color expert, you know that one with the highlights. It comes with to coloring kits. So I died my hair with the solid color, & then I highlighted......& I turned ORANGE. I used chocolate macaroon. So I went out & I bought 100% color by garnier fructis in dark golden brown to try to die over it and it just turned the orange a darker red. I just want my hair to be one color. I would like my hair to be dark golden brown. Any suggestions? Please help!!!!

Thank you,

Alysia Tsimouris

I did the same thing this week. It took three attempts at blond each just making it worse. I ended up with blotchy orange hair, yellow roots. I went out and bought a much darker hair then I wanted, but its finally a normal color.

Not what I wanted, But it finally looks semi normal.

Just wanted to say I had similar results with Chocolate macaroon-looked like tiger stripes when I had used it. You may have to go and get a dark colour or a professional. Maybe try a Sally's if you have one near you.

You might want to try a Dark Ash brown to help tone down the red a bit. Then the next time you color it, the golden might take better. It's hard to tell without seeing your hair in person, but if the dark golden brown didn't cover it, you might have to alter it a bit.

Back