Lipstick sealer?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have heard about the Sally Hansen stuff and i think Benefit makes some kind of sealer but does anyone have a good recomendation?

I have some Mac & Benefit lipsticks that i would like to stay on longer. i put my l/s on before work and by the time i get there- it's off and i forget to reapply and just want to know if there is a product out there that can seal the lipstick or make it last longer

(But i don't like the drugstores lipsticks that stay on forever because the color gets all crusty and won't come off for a day or two on me, LOL)

Not the same, but MAC has a lip base. I am not sure what it is called though but I have heard good things about it. I personally never tried it.

Maybe try using a primer rather than a sealer. I use MAC Prep + Prime and I really like it.

I have heard that sealers make your color & lips really dry.:icon_eek:

My lip color last at least 8 hours. I use my gloss all the time to keep my lips moist.

It doesn't get cakey and at night it comes off with warm soap and water. It is senegence lip sense and you can't get it in stores. The gloss has shea butter in it and feels awesome.

Has anyone tried Shu Uemura Lip Fix? I'm not sure if it's comparable to a sealer. I'm guessing it's not, but I don't want to start another thread about a product that probably serves a somewhat similar purpose. :flowers:

I dont use lipstick sealer nor do I like long last lippys. Theyre really drying and I LOVE to reapply lipstick and makeup through the day. :sdrop:

How is this relevant to her question? :unsure:

brittanyjade - Benefit also makes a sealer (She Laq) which helps in keeping your lipsticl on. You just have to make sure when you apply it because the product needs to dry.

It can also seal mascara, liners and shadows. Not so keen on the shadow but that is just me.

Back