Greasy Hair/Scalp?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Got this article off of Latina.com. I think will try the Instant Spray Shampoo and the Hair Powder.

LATINA'S BEAUTY GURU YESENIA ANSWERS YOUR TOUGHEST BEAUTY QUESTIONS.

What can I do to stop the hair closest to my scalp from getting so greasy?<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com
redface.gif
ffice
redface.gif
ffice" /><o
tongue.gif
></o
tongue.gif
>

An oily scalp (an oversecretion of the sebaceous glands) can result from a variety of factors, including excessive hair damage from chemicals and heat, as well as hormones. In any case, the sebum is spread over the scalp but doesn’t reach the ends of hair, where a chica needs it most. To fix this in a pinch, use a good boar-bristle brush to evenly distribute the oil, or spritz Psssssst Instant Spray Shampoo ($6), right, onto roots for an immediate matte finish. For ongoing care, gracias a Dios, there are lots of products that can help. Two we love: Rene Furterer’s Curbicia Regulating Shampoo ($20), with milk to banish grease gently, without drying your hair; and Bumble and Bumble Hair Powder ($27: 800/7–BUMBLE), which absorbs oil on contact and comes in 4 shades to match your hair. Celebrity stylist Patricia Morales has a few tips, too. She suggests using a deep conditioner only on the ends; then, massage a menthol conditioner along roots to stimulate the scalp and rid hair of product buildup. If things get really out of control, she advises, shampoo just your roots, then spray with a volumizer. An even better strategy? Use that straightening iron a little less, too.

Latest posts

Back