What's your opinion on Train Cases?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Would you girls prefer to have a large train case... or have your MU divided into 2-3 train cases?

Help! Help! Help! ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Mines looks somewhat like this one...it's this big... and it basically breaks in half...the first half of it...it's a large train case....then the bottom...its great for storage...here I have my foundations, moisturizers, brushes, and so on... on the top I have all my e/s, e/l, l/l, l/g, l/s, and so on...but they don't quite fit in there.... :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />... I like to have all of my MU on my case... don't really like to have it in the bathroom etc...

So imagine me carrying this one case...then another carry-on :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> lol... mine is so heavy..don't want to carry another one....I have it as organized as it can get...so i need some help ladies

:) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

View attachment 15850

I have two train cases. In one case, I have the make-up that I wear daily...in the other one, I have my "special make-up" or the make-up that I don't use daily.

I wish I can do this :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> but I take my MU case everywhere most of the time(basically I'd have to have the big one I have now.. plus a small one fo rme... hmm not sure if I want to do this lol..)..Never know when I might do someone's MU.... so this thing takes a whole seat in my car LOL...

I just switched from a traincase to some nice wood drawers i got at target. first I purged big time, then I put some dividers in each to help organize. I stopped taking alot of makeup with me- I got the laura mercier travel book and brush set that I bring with me, and if I do not want to use the colors in the books, I will take them out and throw in what I am using for the day and thats it. limiting my options seems to be easier, but thats just me. I am in a downsizing minamalist stage of life... in 3 months that could all change:icon_wink

That's a good way to organize the MU when you have it at your house most of the time :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I Just wish I could find somethingsuitable for me..to carry the MU arround

Hi! I envy you guys. There is hardly a decent train case here in the Philippines. We have to buy in the US just for this.

hmm. I have one big traincase and then a small drawer set. I don't really open the traincase though, since the drawers are more accessible although they're not well organised.

I really wish my traincase were bigger. It needs more space in there.

Maybe you could buy a smaller case with several 'looks' in it, like shadow to do smokey eyes, or neutral or whatever, and just carry that around, and keep all the wacky super highly coloured stuff for specific occassions when you know you'll use it.

It's like handbags - I pack mine every day depending on what I think I'll use

that's funny. i'm mostly a "one bag fits all looks" kind of girl, i rarely pick a different one.

anyway, i looked at the traincases available at sephora and it seems like the big one would be able to carry all my stuff, so i might get it when my no buy's over. i prefer having everything in the same place, it's more convenient.

right now my stuff is separated in a toolcase and a drawer, and i'm growing tired of that organization.

Traincases look nice, but they don't tend to hold a lot and there's a lot of space wastage, plus when full, they're hella heavy. I have...4 traincases, all large, they take up a lot of space! I'm currently in the process of trying to find different storage ideas for all my gear.

I love train cases, I have one. Its big enough for me to take my essentials when I travel, which is not often. I got it at Walmart for $25 I think? I just recently used it. I mean I just stick all my palettes in there, some mu remover, chapstick, a few lipsticks and lipglosses, mascara, curler, etc.. nothing too major. My brushes go in a separate thing. =]

I have a caboodles traincase for my pigments and that's it.

For my other makeup, I have 6 plastic containers with three drawers in each that I use. Oh, and my lipglosses are in a Sephora box and my lipsticks are in a separate box. lol.

I have a train case similar to the one you have posted, but I also have a big plastic "tacklebox" of sorts that i got at Lowes just for eyeliner and brushes. I liked it b/c you could make the sections whatever size you wanted and the rows are about 3" wide and 2-1/2" deep, which is a good size so I can do major seperating by color or brush type. Plus, the top locks down directly on the case top and it has it is clear, so you can see thru it.

I have three train cases; one for my good stuff, one for the stuff my daughters can borrow, and one for "show" stuff. Then, there's every table & drawer in the house too.

I love them! I just wish I had a bigger one. I just recently upgraded my size about 2 weeks ago, and I already need something else. I told Victor "Babe, I'm sick, I think I need a tacklebox" He laughed at me of course, & patted me on the head. Then when he saw me sqeezing everything I had into this new bag, he looks at me and goes "you're right babe, we do need to get you a tacklebox." So hopefully this payday, I'll be upgrading again. Train cases/tackelboxes, in my opinion are a neccesity, especially for orginazation.

I'm thinking of switching from a train case to a suitcase. Train cases look strong and sturdy, but I think I've worn mine out using it for work. I've already broken both foot-rests, and I think the wheels are ready to go!

Although I do love how organized a train case makes everything..I'll probably still keep mine for at home storage.

I looked at the large traincase myself but I do my makeup sitting in the sink so I need something I can hoist onto the bathroom counter by myself. I just pack up my caboodles train case whenever I'm going to a job and pack my brushes in my brush belt.

Same here. But i store all my things in it. i have yet to purchase a vanity set but i'm searching for one. when i finally do, i'll most likely switch everything to that and use my traincases to travel.

Back