Sari and makeup

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
You may remember i posted this thread a while back. Thanks for all your recs!

Well, here's a picture of the sari (without and with flash). And this is the MU i think i'm going to do with it. The sari's quite bright, and i don't want my MU to over power it. So when i saw this Sephora ad, i thought it would be perfect!

However, i need a bit of help with the e/s colours! I know that i can use Parrot as the bottom colour, but what shall i use on the lid??

Lips - i'm going to use the new Budding Lustreglass.

Cheeks - will probably be something like Nars Deep Throat.

Your saree is so beautiful!!!Wow this little flowers are so cute!

I'd do some natural make up without blue or vivd rosa colors. Your eyes have already dark eyelashes and eyebrows so u don't need much to look amazing.

Thanks for the nice comments about the sari everyone!

And thanks Trisha for the rec!

I have no idea how to wear them either!! I have to get someone to put it on me!

I will definitely post pics when i wear it - which will be April 30th at my cousin's wedding!

I ordered one too because they are so beautiful!!

How to wear is not so complicated (only making pleats is quite difficult for me) but what to do that it won't fall down?

Do u use some pins or maybe something else??

I have to say that it is pity that woman not wear them every day in summer!Saree is the most beautiful traditional cloth I've ever seen. Streets would look much more interesting!

Yeah it's best to use lots of pins to keep the thing in place! It's a good idea to pin the pleats down the front together and then into the petticoat underneath. This way you know that you are secure!

Wow that is so bright and beautiful.

Also I believe I seen Paris Hilton in a picture somewhere with this makeup application style. I love it but can a 30 yr old wear it?

Ann Phelps :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Yes, you fix them with pins. That way, you can be sure that the sari won't untie when you are moving. And the pins also help to keep the pleats looking neat. My mom and grandmom don't even use pins but I guess they are just used to wearing it for years.

Thanx for advice with this pins!!

U have really luck that u have many opportunities to wear sari.

And how is it in UK or USA, can u see ppl wearing them just as everyday clothes?

Some people do wear then everyday - but it's mainly older people. Like my nan wears a sari everyday, as do my older aunts.

Yes I think older people are more related to tradition.

But it's nice to have such aunts and nan:) They show u everyday a piece of your roots and tradition:) That's nice.

I would gladly take up any chance to wear sari. I don't get many occasions to wear it here. I keep it only for very special occasions, while my mom wears it almost everyday.

In India, a girl wears a sari from the age of about 18 until you are unable to wear it anylonger, so from 18 to 120:sdrop: is apporiate...

Maggie Raiser is such a gorgeous model. I've always loved her. :sdrop:

Anyways. I've always wanted to wear a sari. It would be a fun thing to wear. Theyre really fun and colorful. :sdrop:

Great eye look Trisha! :sdrop:

bhav, that sari is gorgeous! love the colors!

trisha, that eye look looks so nice. i have sun, now i need the AOS 9! thanks for the lemming ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Latest posts

Back