I know we have a depotting thread already.. but what do you guys think of this?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just this nice page on depotting I found with pictures

Ive never depotted before but the pictures looked so very helpful , so do you think they are using a good technique? I know depotting will be happening eventually lol

Thanks :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> :heart:

very cool site. i tried depotting one of my cheaper eye shadows and i actually managed to do it without damaging the e/s itself but, i just can't bare to do it on any of my MAC e/s lol..

i do something similar to that. except i use needlenose pliers to hold it over the candle. and then when the pan is melted bit i flip over the e/s onto my workspace (usually a cardboard box. lol) and push out the e/s with the end of old tweezers that i have.

then i take the actual pot (the part with the lid and label) hold that upside down over the flame, so the heat of the flame is going up into where the e/s used to be. then you'll see the label kind of make a bubble where the flame is heateing up and making an air bubble. i remove it from the heat, take the tweezers and peel off the label.

then i have the sticky magnets cut already, slap that on the back of the e/s pan. then i take the original e/s label on top of the magnet. the label fits almost exactly over it if you align it nicely

you are so lucky liz, i tried peeling off the original labels but they always tore, i never thougt of heating it up :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> now i dont have all the original boxes anymore.

Its ok I never knew what it was either! Just you take the eyeshadow out of its original "pot" or "packaging" (not sure what to call it) so you are left with just the pan of eyeshadow. You can put this in a palette so everything is organized , and as far as MAC eyeshadows go you can return every 6 empties (no matter how melted or disfigured Ive heard) and get a free lipstick.

Im sure someone can explain it better if I didnt do a good job :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Or check out the sticky depotting thread.

:heart: *

thank you for explaining it! I wish I had the patience for it. Maybe once I build my collection? lol! Great idea! Luv Anyah

Thanks for sharing the link, Killah Kitty.

And Liz thanks for the tips and info hun!

This site also has many great tutorials for depotting stuff.

I also use my labels the way Liz showed, I have a very poor memory.

I'm not very good at depotting, I damage about 1 out of 4 shadows, some just have so much glue that you really need to pry them out. The side of the metal pot bends and cracks the shadow :scared:

Once you depot.. you never go back! I have almost all my e/s in palettes now!

Back