PF Mineral Wear Loose Powder

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
What's w/ Physicians Formula? Do they intentionally mislead their customers or are they just really dumb? :wassatt:

The website says the product is oil free, but no where on the packaging does it say anything about being oil free at all. :policeman: I sent them an email yesterday, let's see how long it takes for them to get back to me.

I'm pretty pissed off, as you can tell. When something says "oil free" it better darn well be! My skin is way to oily for anything else.

I used the product today. Others complained about the brush & they were right, it is very rough & scratchy. I washed it like one girl suggested & had to do it over & over again until the black nastiness washed off. Oh, just too gross. Again, what's up w/ PF??? It wasn't completly dry, I had to use another brush. I like to wear an spf (Purpose Dual Trtmnt SPF15), put it on 1st. Was a little oily looking right away, so I had to powder.

I refuse to wear liquid foundation & don't want to look too made up. I don't need it. Best makeup gives a natural look. I dont want to look like I'm wearing a mask, just want to even out my skin tone.

All this month I'm going to be trying out powder makeup. :bandit: Will only buy from drug store. Don't want to spend too much. I'll keep you informed.

AND THE LITTLE PULL TAB BROKE AFTER OPENING IT 4 TIMES!!!

Kitty:inlove:

I have this and I like it. You definitely shouldn't use that brush, I threw mine out, it was far too scratchy and rough to use. Washing it won't do much since I don't think the hairs are natural. If you didn't, you should wait until your SPF lotion sinks in before you apply the powder, it will go on better that way.

And how weird the tab thing broke on yours, I bought mine in February and haven't had a problem with it (yet!)

I like the stuff. I was wearing Prescriptives Virtual Skin and I broke out, plus up close it just looked fake. So now I use the PF mineral powder all over and the prescriptives under my eyes. I like how it looks, natural, not fake. It has minimal coverage so it really doesn't do a great job with my eye circles, but other wise I think it's great!

I can't believe I bought $75 worth of prescriptives stuff and now all I really use is the blush. The mascara was too clumpy, the eyeliner too soft, the foundation too fake and lip stick too dry. I get better results with higher quality drug store brands.

I really wanted to try this stuff, but when I went to the store they had a very limited range of PF stuff and they didn't have this loose powder stuff :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Oh my goodness! I'm sorry to hear about your awful experience. I've never purchased PF nor do I ever plan to. Please keep us updated.

yikes! Sorry. I hope they get back to you. It really does make a difference to write the company. I've gotten several coupons for telling them about a bad experience. Best of luck! Anyah

yikes! i am sorry about this experience! Now..i personally love PF!! I have never used the mineral powder..but i do use the loose to go powder and it is wonderful! It did not come with a brush and i am glad! I have heard TERRIBLE things on this brush! Its a nice gesture to give a free brush..but..still! We should all try to email them about this problem! Even though i havent tried it yet!:whistling:

You are too funny!. Thanks for making me LOL.

And the rest of you guys are great, not like at other forums I've been on (non-makeup) where it's like a contest to see who can be the snottinest.

Went mountainbiking today, had to wear the SPF, let it dry, used that awful brush & the powder looked great after 9 miles of cold New York trails. I'll re-apply my makeup today w/out the skin lotion.

This am I already decided to get a new powder brush. The PF one will go straight in the trash! And I'll be sure to tell the c/s people at PF when I follow up on my email & call them this week!

The color I bought is Translucent Light, might try the next darkest shade. I'm very fair (not Ivory, fair but pinky). I'll ask my BF what he thinks, he's so good w/ this, will really give an honest opinion & not just lip service.

Thanks again guys!

Kitty :inlove:

Sorry you've had a bad experience with PF, Kitty. I personally really love PF and their products IMO are getting better all the time.

I'm glad you posted this! I am thinking about purchasing the PF mineral wear loose powder. I just bought some of their e/s this week, tried them today and liked them well enough. I checked locally for the powder today and didn't see it, was planning to go to CVS in the next town tomorrow and see if they have it.

I really prefer powder foundation too and have been having a hard time finding one that I like. When I wear liquid or cream foundations it just feels "icky." I'll be keeping an eye on this thread to see if you change your mind about it after you've tried another brush.

HQ

I got a rash (contact dermatitis) on my cheeks from my fleece balaclava yesterday . It popped up like 3 hrs later & looks like windburn. So yesterday's powder experiment didn't work, i looked like crap, but still had to go to the supermarket & hospital to visit my BF's grandmother.

How creepy is it to get sneeky stare from nurses who see all sorts of stuff all the time, yet i come in w/ my cheeks all red & they can't help but look. Made me feel great, i tell ya.

{FYI: My balaclava was has one opening that shows the face but covers the neck & ears, the mouth & nose if it's cold enough.}

Back