Expensive Jewelery?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Not sure if this is in the right forum so a mod can move it if they think it is best suited in another place! I was gonna post it in fashion but its not really fashion related!

Do you own any expensive pieces of jewellery? Or have you ever been given a piece of jewellery that has been passed on through generations of your family? Post pics!

I only have 2 pieces of Jewellery that are worth alot of money. Both were given to me as pressies from my SO. I have them insured just in case anything happens to them.

One is an 18ct White Gold FishBone (think fishbone is the word?!) ring with 9 diamonds set in the centre of it. Its valued at 2100 euro

The othee piece of jewellery i have is an 18ct White Gold Chain. That is valued at 1400 euro.

I dont have pics now but will take some later and post them!

Things that I have insured are a Rolex, diamond tennis bracelet, wedding ring and a Elsa Peretti Tiffany necklace. Oh... and my diamond Studs. I have other very nice jewelry that are very nice but nothing that I would be heart broken over and wouldn't be replaceable.

Yes, I have some. My spouse has worked in the business for many years so I've received some as gifts. I also have my (deceased) mom's ring which is highly sentimental to me.

In the jewellery business Amethyst? Wow!

PS. Noticed your mood is "in pain".. you ok?!

The most expensive jewelry I own is my diamond wedding ring and engagement ring. Both are fully insured and hardly ever come off my finger.

I also have a few rings from my two grandmothers that are sentimental. I'm not sure what they are worth, but I would be heartbroken if anything ever happened to them.

oops, forgot to change my mood - that was yesterday when I had cramps. :laughing:

Yes, he's in the business but trust me its not glamorous or high paying at all - more like a sweat shop-type atmosphere. Refining, polishing, sanding....the dirty end of it. But its a skill/trade and he's done it for years..... :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Its funny because I buy a lot of the ethnic/costume/junk jewelry from vendors on the street. He thinks I'm nuts. LOL

Cool! I bet you have to be very skilled to do that so fair play to him!

LOL at forgetting to change your mood. Glad you're ok now

i got all my jewelry from my b/f , i have a white gold diamond heart pendant with a white gold chain, a ring with a aquamarine gem and diamonds on the side, another white gold ring sord of like a zig zag with diamonds, another ring with a huge amethest gem and diamonds on the side, a white gold and yellow gold ring with diamonds, another ring with diamonds cant describe the shape but its really pretty!

i dont have the plug for my camera to plug into my laptop so cant take pics :satisfied:

My engagement ring and my 5th year anniversary ring are the most expensive jewelry that I have but even they're not that expensive.

I don't own any expensive jewellery but a lot of what I do have is sentimental.

James bought be a reproduction Evenstar pendant last Valentine's which is probably the most expensive piece I have. I inherited most of my Granny's jewellery collection when she died several years ago. None of it has any commercial value but I'd be heartbroken if anything happened to it.

In India, jewllery is a big thing, so when I've gotten a lot of gold from family, even though I don't like them, and never wear them. I have:

a pair of gold chandalier earring - $1800

A pair or gold chandalier earrings - $900

ring with 9 different stones (some birthday thing, with the astrology crap:wassatt:) - $3000

Gold chains (3 of them in different design) - $ 426

Sentimental value a pair of earring in pearl I've gotten from my mom.

These are the one's I can think of, and I'll post pics when I get my camera...

I own one or two heirloom pieces that are of moderate monetary value but high sentimental value.

When I turned 40 last year, my MIL wanted to buy me some expensive jewelry but my SO talked her out of it!!! Saying I lose stuff all the time. Well, he is right..Ever see that episode of the Osbourne's where Ozzy loses his ring and is yelling "don't buy me any more bleeping jewelry"..well, that's me.

I also don't like diamonds at all and prefer Swarovski Crystals. They look better on me and aren't so costly that if I do lose a piece it's not worth the gross national product of a small nation!

Everyone's jewelry sounds so beautiful, though...!!!

:whistling: :whistling: :whistling: Ay yay yay - yes, I have mastered the art of excess .....

Must I really list ALL?

ooohhh, Rosie...I'd love to hear.

(ppsst....I work near the diamond district ya know - LOLLLLL)

Oh my dear Lord ... Marie ... you are no help and your husband would love me for all that I have.

Actually he'd be scared you might influence me, to influence him, to ask/beg for more - LOL:laughno:

Back