Get the Look: Paris Hilton

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
bsparishilton0302051577ah.jpg

Whether you love or hate socialite and reality TV star Paris Hilton, you've got to admit the woman has charisma. Most of her fame has been bestowed on her, after all, for just showing up and being herself. But in spite of having a complicated social life, Paris's personal style has evolved into something that is remarkably simple. And we commend her for it ‑- it's no small task to look carelessly glamorous when you have so much to choose from.

Here, iVillage makeup artist Deborah Grayson gives us the lowdown on how to achieve Paris's enchanting, smoky eyes.

Step 1: Begin with the eyes by lining the entire inner circumference (inner rims) of both the upper and lower eyelids with black eye pencil.

Step 2: Using a black liquid liner with a narrow pointed brush, draw a strong line across the upper lash line, allowing it to widen gradually as you reach the outer edges.

Step 3: At the midpoint of the lower lid, with the same black liquid liner, draw along the lower lash line, extending outward until the lower line meets the upper line.

Step 4: Using an oval-shaped, soft-bristled shadow brush, sweep a heather-colored powder shadow onto the crease of the eye in the shape of a crescent. Blend in a back-and-forth motion to diffuse the color.

Step 5: Highlight eyes with a silvery pearl powder shadow at the center of the eye crease, just above the irises.

Step 6: Apply black mascara to the upper and lower lashes.

Step 7: Gently pat a creamy concealer along the hollow of the under-eye area, where any darkness may occur.

Step 8: Apply a peachy-pink gel or cream blush to the apples of the cheeks with your fingers, in small circular motions.

Step 9: Finish with a sheer, moisturizing lip gloss.

Recommended Products:

Product name: Hollywood Prescription Two-Step Lip Treatment

This exfoliating and moisturizing lip treatment claims to boost collagen production to the lips, while imparting a glossy finish.

Price: $29.95

Available: HollywoodRx.com

Product name: Make Up Forever Blush Cream in N1

This gorgeous pearly, peach-pink cream blush gives cheeks a natural flush of brilliant color.

Price: $18

Available: MakeUpForEver.com

Product name: Anna Sui Metallic Eye Color in 800

This golden pearl velvety powder shadow has a wonderful iridescent quality. What's so special about all of Anna's cosmetics is that they smell like fresh roses.

Price: $17

Available: AnnaSui.com

Product name: Estee Lauder Artist's Eye Pencil in Slate Writer

Created to be long-wearing, this pencil is excellent for shaping and filling in, with a smudge applicator for easy blending and a special ColorControl grip for shaping.

Price: $18.50

Available: EsteeLauder.com

Product name: Giella Custom Cream Liner in Velvet Black

The putty-like texture of this custom-made liner allows you to draw lines that won't leak or smudge.

Price: $25

Available: Giella.com

Product name: Boi-ing Concealer by Benefit

Don't let the smooth consistency fool you ‑- Benefit calls this concealer "industrial strength" in its ability to conceal dark circles and imperfections.

Price: $18

Available: Benefit.com

Product name: Paul and Joe Mascara Duo in Noir 01

This rich, glossy mascara is two sided ‑- apply one side for added length and the other for volume.

Price: $26

Available: Sephora.com

Source

Yes, Thank-you! I have been trying to perfect my smokey eye technique lately, so this is helpful! I printed it! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

What a coincidence - my friend and I were looking at some celebrity pics to see how they did their eyes and Paris was one we looked closely at. She does seem to be able to beautifully made-up every time we see her. I agree it would have been good to have had step-by-step pictures though.

Oh! forgot to mention how good Kee's step-by-step desciption was though! My friend and I are now rummaging in our make-up bags to see if we have the stuff to have a try as its whetted our appetite to look glamorous-lol. If we do ok we might post some pics.

Her makeup does always look good! Regardless as to how she is personally *lol*

Back