What is the most exotic/weird/strange food you've ever eaten?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
In the eyes of others, for me, it would have to be steak tartar....which is essentially raw beef. I loved it.

The reason I asked is because I was just speaking with someone from Australia who has eaten Kangaroo Steak. For Americans that seems odd, but in Australia, it's not odd at all. What do you think is the most unique food you've ever eaten?

I don't think I've even anything too strange. That kangaroo steak sure does sound weird to me. Probably tastes good though. :laughing:

I would have to say unagi, it's freshwater eel and its sushi, sounds strange but when I go out to sushi that's the first thing I get, and I love it!!:icon_love

Raw and alive moving shrimp. I ate it 2 years ago in Osaka it was at Chinese expensive restaurant. I jumped when I saw it moved and it jumped out from the dish to the floor hahahahahah.

I still can feel it moved when I eat it!, yuckcckckckckckckck! lol

It was one awesome experience though :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />.

Probably the octopus sushi I had last year. I can't think of what it's actually called. It was really nice though.

I havent had anything too strange....cod tounge a few months ago...its not really strange ( is it Kee, hahah) but it just seems weird.

grilled cow heart kabobs, they are pretty good, my husband found it disgusting at first but when he tried it, he liked it very much. He found it weird not me :laughing:

I LOVE Morcia...

It is basically Pig Intestine (clean ofcourse) with cooked pigs blood and rice mix in it...I know it sound disgusting but it tastes great....

If I am not mistaken I think me and Marisol are talking about the same thing...Are WE?

Tripe is actually cow intestines and i've eaten it in Menudo.

I've also eaten cow's tongue, pig's feet, rattlesnake, and cactus.

I've eaten alot of delicacies but I wouldn't consider them weird like the aforementioned.

I'm sure i've eaten other weird things but those are what come to mind first.

i've always thought sushi was weird, but raw fish was not bad

i've had duck blood cooked

ck feet, pig feet, frog,

can't remember everything off the top of my head .... but ... i've had some "weird" cuisines ....

a chocolate covered grasshopper/cricket thing. i was tricked into eating it when i was in iran visiting family. needless to say, i am now deathly afraid of grasshoppers/crickets or anything that reminds me.

LOL yes Charm.

I still have the pic on my cellphone though, we had to hold the bowl so it won't jump again lol.

Wow! They be some strange stuff here in this post!! I love learning about what other people eat..and what I would/would not could/could not eat.

Weird as in good wierd or weird as in bad weird.??

I used to eat way more weird stuff as a child: cow brains, escargot (snails), tongue, ostrich, etc..

But these days, I can't stomach any overly unorthodox stuff. Sushi is about as wild as I get. :w00t:

Good Thread, Melissa

Wow..some great stuff! I believe I've tried most everything previously posted...raw beef, dinuguan, tripe, tongue, frog's feet, unagi, etc.

But I've never tried cow heart, chocolate covered insects or live shrimps!!

Great pic, Leony!!

My son tried Fried Alligator once when we were on vacation in Florida..he loved it!! He's more daring than I am.

Cool thread.

:icon_smil

Alligator is good. I get it when I go to Gator Land in Orlando, which is only gross in the fact that alligators are the attraction and you can eat them for lunch too. :wassatt:

Probably sushi..eel,squid, octopus. In Jamaica I tried curried/jerk goat and conch soup.

Latest posts

Back