Surviving the storm, again.

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I think we have survived Jeanne. According to the local weather we have about another hour of gusty winds and rain but the worst has gone north. Hope everyone else has fared as well.

Originally Posted by katrink I think we have survived Jeanne. According to the local weather we have about another hour of gusty winds and rain but the worst has gone north. Hope everyone else has fared as well. Hi Kat, we have been getting slammed here in Ocala for most of the day, lot of property damage (again
icon_sad.gif
) and the powers out, good thing we invested in a generator after Frances, I am really hoping it won't be long before they can get the lines fixed (again
icon_sad.gif
)and we get power, those poor utility guys, all that work just for Jeanne to take almost the exact same track has Frances and tear things up again. Maaaaaaaaan, I am sick of these hurricanes.

We are still having gusts about 45 mph with some rain. We haven't lost power (knock on wood) but I have been hearing transformers blowing all day. The parking lot in front of my apt is flooded. I can't believe this season. I told DH yesterday I am going to make a tshirt that says "I survived the 2004 Hurricane Season" and wear it proudly. Hopefully this is the last one. I really feel bad for the people that have been hit 3 times and the people in the panhandle that lost everything. I don't know what the damage is like locally because I haven't gone out anywhere to see. I have to go over to my mom's place tomorrow and see if it is still standing (she is in Michigan for the summer).

I feel so bad for y'all
icon_sad.gif

I hope everything get back to normal for you both real soon.

*punches hurricanes*

Hey everyone! I'm running on borrowed power - tonight my neighbor loaned us his generator. This hurricane season is really getting on my nerves. But, I should have power by this weekend and while I'm out I'll be in Dallas TX enjoying the shopping and visiting friends.
icon_cheesygrin.gif
When I get back on Friday we should have power...

Katrink and Harleymom, big hugs to you both for surviving yet another flippin' storm.
biggrin.gif

Thanks so much guys! We are hanging in there, going on our third day without power but it could be worse. Kitty, hope you guys faired OK and got that generator, my hubby bought one after Francis, no power for 4 days with that storm. I kind of griped about it when I saw the price, but glad we have it now, at least we can keep the fridge running along with the computer and TV, the cable is out but now is the time I'm glad that I bought all those DVD's on impulse
icon_lol.gif
, wouldn't you know my hubby wanted to watch "The Perfect Storm". Guess I better get out with the camera and take pictures of our new damage, we lost more fence and our garage door this time around, the wind slammed into the garage door so hard that it actually bent and mangled the metal, that scared the hell out of me when that happened, sounded like a bomb went off, I just knew that it had come off the track and slammed into the back of the cars, luckily it held but is damaged beyond repair.

I guess I should thank my stars we had no damage. My moms house had one of the numbers from the address on the front of the house come off(whoopee). We think we must be on some kind of emergency power grid or something because we have not lost power at all during all of these storms. The surrounding areas all lost power. The one small light at the end of the tunnel is there aren't any storms out there waiting to visit, and the season is almost over. Good luck to everyone with the power situation.

Latest posts

Back