Best Matte Lipstick you have ever tried!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm Still searching for the perfect l/s, or gloss . I can't wait to see some of the replys though.:icon_smil

I love Honeylove and Russian Red. I know they are pretty opposite lipsticks in terms of colour!

The best mattes I've tried so far are Milani #1 and Avon #2. They both make a moisturizing matte lipstick. I find MAC mattes to be very drying although the color payoff is great.

i have one matte lipstick and its from VS. its in carmel cashmire.

i dont usually wear it often since i have evil evil dry lips so i am a chapstick addict. but aside from that, i really like the color.

you know, chapstick has petroleum which is actually drying to your lips which is why you have to keep reapplying all the time. :scared: Its what makes it so addictive.

I really love Prestige lipstick, but my absolute fave is a hue by Estee Lauder Futurist called Sultry Blush. I thought they had dc'ed, but I just realized my dumba$$ kept looking on Lancome's website.

I love matte lipstick for the evening like at a dinner party because of its staying power. I love mattes that are rich in color like plums, mangos, and reds.:clap MAC has gorgeous matte colors.:clap

I have been wearing Honeylove for years now. When ever I want to darken it up, I put a darker colored lipgloss over it but Honeylove is my staple. Teddybear is also very good. It is a tiny bit darker than Honeylove. <3 MAC

i really like MAC's matte formula, they can be a little drying, but the staying power is amazing. My favorite of all time is NYX's Matte Lipstick formula!! i think it has the same pigmentation and staying power of MAC's, but at a fraction of the price. You just dont get that lovely vanilla scent with NYX. 
wink.gif

I don't know if you're looking for a shade or a brand. I love MAC matte lipsticks (CYY, Yash, Mehr, Russian Red among others), WNW and NYX.

My employer Jane got a MAYBELLINE matte, and boy, did it look good.  She got the Rose one.  Says she's gonna get some of the others such as Siren Red (a light red), the two nudes.

Obsessed with the Maybelline Creamy Mattes. I have about 2/3 of the collection now, and ever color is perfect. I probably won't buy more just because the remaining colors aren't my style, but I really hope they come out with some new shades in Spring!

Also - Touch of Spice is a perfect Marsala color for the new Pantone 2015 Color of the Year! ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Revlon lipstick is perfect for me. I just love it !! 

how many Revlon fans here??
I love Revlon's matte lipstick, I have all of them, (took me ages to hunt down some on ebay, hehehe.) Sultry Samba is probably my favourite shade. (I wish they's release on orange one and a purple one.) 

Rimmel's colour show off lipsticks and Models Own hyper brite matte lipsticks are the other of my favourites, both sadly discontinued. 

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_WC40s1V3YDU/TDGSLUCE8JI/AAAAAAAAArA/NH0aDb34fPk/s400/Rimmel-colour+show+off+presentation-6.jpg

(They released 12 shades in the UK, I want to find out what the other three are!) 

http://themakeupsuite.blogspot.co.uk/2012/09/models-own-lipsticks-review-birthday.html

EDIT: I forgot to add the Maybelline 14hr Megawatt lipsticks, I love those! And the 14hr lipsticks in general, they don't last that long but the smell lovely and I love the colours. 

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-5WtJvFga524/VCDmwXXZzdI/AAAAAAAAC1s/YfNJ0JjnVHo/s1600/IMG_2135.JPG (We didn't get coral beams in the UK so I've been hunting it down.) 

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it's really didifficult to find a matte lipstick that isn't drying but I am a sucker for amazing payout,I am caught between Nyx and MAC to try for matte colors,ohh decisions! Hahaha

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back