Vote for My NEW Color Contacts!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
:w00t: After Arielle's thread on Photoshop, I started playing around with my own face. I have decided to get colored contacts! My husband will NEVER leave me alone now...but I don't care! I am not sure what color looks the best though!

I need your help! Please complete my poll! I have put thumbnails on this thread, but for the nice and big images, consult my NotePad under "My Changing Eyeballs."

I'm definitely all for the blue! Blue looks so hot with red/auburn shades IMHO. Check this out. I got blue from Softmed 55. They're available at America's Best. Check them out for sure!!

MeblueeyesVelvet.jpg

Those look cool on you EightThirty! I want comfortable lenses that can change my dark brown eyes lighter without looking super fake (you know, when the pupils look like they are pointing in different directions? Much like this icon :wacko: ) The last thing I want to look like is circus freak...are they expensive? We also have similar features!

Love your baby blues, Mel!

I think you look great with blue too, Brunhilda! I voted for red, though. I like to see the lil devil coming outta you. :icon_twis

I put those red ones up as a joke and they are getting votes! LOL! The sad part is that they do sorta look good...for HALLOWEEN! Oh God, what would happen if I walked in the house one night with those things in...my husband really would think I finally went to the dark side. I can see me growling, "I don't see any white residue floating in your drink. Just drink it." He would probably pee his pants. :bandit:

Expensive, no! They are very inexpensive! I must say that when I first began using them I felt them moving around my eyes, but after they adjust they feel fine. It can take about a week of daily use to experience total comfort. These are definitely natural. The pics don't portray an accurate representation, but I'm not sure I have a great pic with them in. I'm about to go pic up my colored contact boxes this weekend and I'll try to take some pics. Alot of people prefer the AcuVue Colors, but I'm all about the savings. So, it make take more or less time for your eyes to get used to them, but once I did it was totally worth it!!

As far as similar features go, I don't think anyone has a forehead as big as mine!! :hehe:

Hah! I have to have bangs to cover mine up. When I don't wear bangs my husband calls me, "his little conehead." :sdrop:

I voted aqua...to me they just suited your hair colour more. On the colour wheel blue and orange are supposed to directly complement each other and green compliments red...so the question is is your hair of a more orange or red hue? Just another factor for you to consider!

And all this time I thought that was you on your avatar! Doh! My hair is more golden red I guess. I isn't on the orange side, and it isn't on the purple side...I will take a well lighted closeup shot of my locks and post it...then you guys can tell me for sure! LOL

You and a few others too! Lol, I thought she was more well known than she is so...my bad :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

You post the pic hun, and we can comment on your hair as well as your eye colour!

I like your dark brown eyes, but if you really want the color contacts I'd say that the blue looks most natural on you.

I think that blue, grey, or perhaps green would look great on you. I am a confirmed lensaholic, and I belong to a fabulous community of fellow lensaholics on this site:

www.tonytigre.proboards30.com

The general consensus there is that Freshlook colorblends are the most over-hyped, fake and stupid looking contacts out there. I can spot them on sight, so I know all about the matrix-dot look. The best ratings tend to be reserved for the Acuvue2, Elegance, Natural Touch, Bausch & Lomb star colors. Sometimes American websites force you into buying from only a select few. I prefer to shop in British or other European or Japanese contact lens sites, as there are more options, and can be substantially cheaper, even with the shipping. My favorite site is:

http://www.contactlenses.co.uk/

Hope that helps.

Back