Sign in to follow this  
Xanthia

Floating plates on an iron?

Does anyone know how important floating plates are on a ceramic iron? I want a really inexpensive iron as I don't have curly hair, just frizzy (fine buy plentiful). I've seen the Fudge iron for £35, 100% ceramic plates - but I think they're fixed (it doesn't say). Then there's SCP irons which are all over ebay and the net, and those are floating for slightly less. I'm a bit weary about purchasing off-brands!

Thanking you in advance!

welcome to MuT .. i'm a little lost ... what's floating plates ? do u have a pic ?

the floating plates just ensure better contact - so thet all the hair you're clamping in there is heated and compressed. Honestly, there isn't really much of a difference results wise. You just might have to go over the section one or twice more at worst if some pieces don't straighten out the first time around. :)

Thanks for that, I guess since I'm not actually trying to straighten but control the crazyness of my hair it shouldn't be an issue.

LVA, you can't actually see the floating plates, but good irons such as GHDs and T3's have 'em. I think it just allows the plates to tilt a bit to completely sandwich the hair between them from NYAngel's decription on what they do.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• NARS Cosmetics Shop Cargo Cosmetics Today!

• Great lips can really set off your style, but what's the best way to choose and apply lipstick or gloss? There are definitely a few do's and don't's when it comes to getting great looking lips. Let's explore a few insider beauty tips that makeup artists swear by. you can download the tips and tricks from here:https://bit.ly/2ySqvyU
    • How to choose the shade of the brow powder? The shade of the brow powder depends upon how dense are your brow hair. If you have a lot of brow hair, then you should try to match the color of the brow as close to the natural brow color. In case you have sparse brow hair, then you may choose from the following: If you dark hair, then go for one or two shades lighter brow color If you have light hair color, then you should opt for two shades darker brow color Besides this, you should apply the brow powder such that it covers both the skin and hair, to give a natural and beautiful looking brow!! Why chose brow powder? Aestheticians recommend you to choose brow powder for it following advantages: It gives a perfect shape to the brow It leaves a natural look of the eyebrows The brow powder will leave a no makeup look on your appearance It will tame your untamed brow hair Why should you choose Savarnas Mantra Brow Powder? This brow powder is water resistant It gives a very natural and soft finish It has no mineral oil added to it The putty brow powder is one of our bestsellers and has been appreciated by one and all. We have almost had 99.99% customer return for this product. It suits a wide range of complexions. The natural look and feel of this product has developed the trust of many women on this product. So hurry up, don’t wait!! Order Savarnas Mantra Putty Brow Powder now and avail free shipping of the product!!
    • i gently massage and then shower
    • diaper rash cream with zinc works ?

About MakeupTalk®

© 2003-2018 MakeupTalk.com®, an active online community and message board geared towards members wanting to discuss everything to do with makeup, cosmetics, product reviews, monthly subscription boxes and general beauty related topics. Our community provides product reviews, makeup and general beauty tips. Our most popular topics are subscription boxes and their monthly spoilers. Join our community for free to take part in the conversations and share your own beauty tips and product reviews with others. We look forward to seeing you online here at Makeuptalk®!

MakeupTalk® Facebook