Jennifer and others, small question...

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Jen, you posted a while ago getting a job at a restaurant by a hotel. Hope you are liking. Anywhoo.. my sister and her husband are planing on coming to NYC this summer for a week. I am hoping to fly for the weekend to be with them. I want to give them options for the hotels to stay. What do you think of the hotel where you work by? Is it in a nice neighborhood? I would like them to stay somewhere where I won't have to pay $1000 bucks a night when I get there. I am hoping they won't change their mind and go somewhere else because I have never been to NYC and even for couple of days, it is worth to see a few sites and visit with my sis because I won't be going overseas this year... :sadno:

Also if anyone who lives or stayed in NYC replies to this post, I appreciate any help. Thank you ladies :icon_smil

i live in new york so i never been to any hotels over here so im not useful at all... but jen works on madison ave and its really upscale neighborhood so you will prob pay alot , but i think ur going to pay a little over decent amount anywhere u go because of coarse you want to be where all the action is. good luck on ur search i hope somebody can help :satisfied:

:icon_smil Jenny, thank you hun. I'll keep searching the internet.

I'd be interested in answers to this too. My Uncle and Aunt are going to NYC this summer on a fly drive and haven't any idea of where to stay or where to eat. It would be really nice if they could eat somewhere where I knew a member of staff because then I know they'd get good service (they'd probably leave a decent tip too).

Any tips would be really helpful.

Hi,

When my ex-boyfriend would come to visit me, we would stay at the Hilton Hotel on 6th Avenue and 56th St. It was very nice. I'm just not sure of the cost.

:icon_smil Thank you for your reply. I'll check the price through the net.

i'm sorry this is sooooooo late! i haven't had a chance to reply.

i actually quit there because the people were so snobby and i would've ended up punching them (and just wasn't happy there at all), but that hotel was nice. it was called wales hotel (something like that) and it did look very pricey and like jen said, it's on madison ave. which is very upscale.

i've been doing a search for a friend coming to NY, but it's soooo expensive. the best bet would be getting one in new jersey, RIGHT out of manhattan. it's affordable, there are shuttle buses to manhattan, nice and clean, etc.

let me know if this link works...

http://www.expedia.com/pub/agent.dll?qsfr=cmfd&itid=&itdx=&itty=&ecid=

again, i'm not sure if they/you wanna be outta NYC, but to be honest, you won't get a good price unless it's a crappy place to stay.

again, sorry it took me forever to get back to you!

EDIT: that link doesn't work, i see, so here's the one to look at...

http://www.expedia.com/pub/agent.dll/qscr=dspv/htid=24089/nojs=1/eapi=23708

I am sorry it didn't work out for you hun, hope you find a better place. I was wondering where you've been but I didn't want to keep posting just in case you were working this weekend. Thank you for the link. :icon_smil Good luck with your next job.

Nilufer - check out hotels.com That site usually gives you thourough reviews on hotels and will tell you what attractions are around it. When I went to Chicago last year, I did my research using that site and found a great hotel. It was inexpensive, very clean and a block away from their downtown. It was fab!

Thank you Marisol, good info.

Janelle, you're so sweet, thank you. Next time... when I stay longer on that site of the US...

lol That's ok - Long Island isn't very exciting... lol ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Hotels.com is good... also some of the travel sites like Orbitz.com, travelworm.com & expedia.com can get you a good deal sometimes:)

:icon_smil thanks Janelle, it was very nice of you to offer anyway. It sure made me feel better. Thank you for the extra info. :icon_smil

Sorry I didn't respond earlier but you might want to check the site citysearch and navigate to NYC. Do you have a specific area in mind, i.e. theatre district / Times Squre?

:icon_smil Thanks Rosie, I forwarded all the internet sites to my sister so she and her hubby can check it and let me know what they decide on.

Latest posts

Back