Going to try out Mineral Makeup...

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I decided to bite the bullet and look around for companies that offer samples of their mineral foundations for wear.

So far I am checking out Everyday Minerals after Andrea's great recommendation of their Semi Matte foundation, and Bombshell Bath...

Any other brands you recommend guys? I have Combination/Oily skin and would like something Matte or Satin finish. Also, who has the best Mineral Foundation Kabuki Brush in your opinion?

I'd like to try BE, but so far the reviews have held me back. I feel conflicted and confused. Please let us know if you love anything enough to purchase. Oh, and Leila, you know I'll want to know all about the Kabuki brush, girlie! :hehe: Don't forget.

PS - Congrats! I can't believe you're pregnant! How exciting! :icon_wink

LMAO! Don't tease me about my pathetic attempt at a April Fool's Joke! :scared: :scared: :scared:

I will DEF let you know about brushes my dear! You are MuT's own brush freak!! :clap The reviews of BE have held me back as well... I don't think I will try out that brand.

I tried BE but didn't love the product even though at the time my skin was pretty flawless. I just didn't feel like there was ANY coverage. However, the mineral veil is a GREAT powder. I felt like it was luminous on my dry skin and wanted to keep it, but the MV alone is like $26, and that seemed a lot for that, then having to buy the kabuki brush seemed ppricey.

heather

i love my bare escentuals i never tried any other brand, i dont know if were the same color but if u want i can send you a sample of mine, lmk

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" width="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">There is a website called Colorful Sprinkles that sells samples of mineral makeup, mostly BE I think. Supposedly the woman that runs it is very professional and gets the orders out fast.

I get great coverage from BE, and the all over face colors, particularly Warm Radiance and Rose Radiance are beautiful. The shadows are nice too but you definately need a primer under them.

Check out Japonesque for a Kabuki- they have a great one they call a "bronzer brush".

I think for every person that doesn't like the mineral makeup, there are alot more that do. And it really isn't expensive, considering you use so little.

</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Will do! What color do you wear in the BE foundation? I'll check and see if the color you wear would be the one I might match to.

J lynne has great foundation, and they have SUCH a huge range of colors. Their samples are really cheap and generous... the $3 jars last about a month. It also has a really matte finish, which is good for oily skin. Also, I found this code RHH26177 it gives 10% off for new customers. Wish I had it when I ordered the first time!

Oh as for a kabuki, I use a cheap $3 one from studiotools, a target line. it's quite soft and densely packed.. I'm happy with it! I heard the BE ones shed like crazy, so I'd avoid those.

I know I sound like a broken record... but I too held out on BE because of the mixed reviews but finally broke down and tried the starter kit (in part because it came with brushes). I absolutely love it. I have oily to combo skin and live in a muggy climate. When the weather isn't too hot and humid, I don't need a SINGLE touch up ALL day. Of course now that summer is practically upon me, all bets are off in that regard! As far as coverage, it is sheer, which is part of why it looks so natural. And if you use to much, it won't look good. The trick is to blend a bit more in only where needed, on zits for exp, but stay light overall.

I've also tried aromaleigh - great colors but a little too makeup-y and chalky, powdery looking on me.

Philosophy air brush - cakey, not natural on me.

I'm planning to try glominerals soon. I'll give an update when I do. I've heard great things about it.

As for the BE brushes, they suck! Except for the concealer brush which is wonderful. But the kabuki and the "flawless" brush shed and are scratchy. However, they do the job and I am now sold on the kabuki brush concept, so it was a good trial run since it came with the kit. I'm interested to know who has the best kabuki too because I definitely want to upgrade.

Aww, poor Leila! :scared: :scared: :scared: I'm not teasing you. :laughno: I believed you! Yes, :smilehappyyes: I did. The MuT :policeman: busted you.

I should be original and remove Persian Prince's Princess and replace it with Queen of Makeup Brush Freakiness. :laughno: That doesn't sound right. I haven't been freaky with a brush, yet. Oh, but I do want one of those. :whistling:

I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one.

I like then because they're a more matte finish than BE.. And istead of fair, medium and dark, they have a whole spectrum of skin colors, from very cool to completely golden, really pale to dark! I have a hard time finding the right color of foundation, so it was great. The colors on the site run about 1-2 shades lighter than in real life though (or at least on my comp) so maybe prder 1-2 shades lighter than you think is the right color. Also check out their illuminating and finish powders! I love them!

I use the BE and I like it for the most part. The only thing I don't like about it is that it kinda makes my pores look bigger. But I think that is mineral foundation in general. At my derma's office they sell the glominerals there and after a facial I got matched up, for the most part it looked like how my BE looks. I got a sample of the glominerals to compare to the BE, but still haven't tried it...........I think I will do that just now.

And for the BE kabuki brush I agree that it does shed and for some reason I think my skin is allergic to it, it made me itch.

I use lily lolo mineral makeup (its a UK based site). I was fed up of heavy foundation, it always looked awful after an hour of apllying. Since I've been using the mineral makeup I've noticed a huge difference in the condition of my skin. It feels like it can breath lol, it is not blotchy anymore (red patches) and my skin tone has evened out!. I wouldn't go back to liquid foundation!.. ok so I could do with a better concealer for my dark circles but thats it! the rest of my face is just fine with the mineral foundation dusted over it. Good luck with trying the mineral makeup out, it is good! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> x

You can try also must have minerals, i think it was Jamie that tested it

Back