Has anyone done a 'cleanse'?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
:scared: I keep seeing this infommercial on TV about a dual action colon cleanse. They claim that people can have up to 25 pounds of 'sludge' in their systems and that it's a good idea to use herbal cleanses to detoxify. Has anyone tried one of these and which ones?

There are all sorts of cleanses out there. You may want to do some research first.

I have found doing a fasting cleanse first, to flush out the kidneys, then following up with an herbal/fiber cleanse is best for me. Be sure to take some really good probiotics as well to rebuild the healthy flora and balance out any nasty yeasties you may have.

Please don't buy those "as seen on tv" products. You can do a cleanse with products from your local grocery or health food store.

Personally, I tried the Master Cleanse, a lemondade mixture with organic maple syrup and cayenne pepper. I didn't mix the cayenne pepper but instead used the capsules. You can drink as much of the lemonade mixture. In the morning, you have to drink the sea salt water mixture. I think it's 1 tsp to 16 ounces of water to flush your system. You will definitely need to stay in for a couple of hours and stay close to the bathroom. The longest I did it for was 1 month and did a few 2 week intervals. At the time I did it, I was suffering from migraines and chronic fatigue, and it did help me out A LOT. I only wish I could do it again but I have no willpower:( at this time. I have tried it a few times after and stopped by day 3.

You can find out more info on curezone.org reference different cleanse.

how funny you should post this thread, i have been reading up on detoxing for a while now and this morning is a long-planned day 1 for me! apparently cleansing the system really makes you feel good mentally and physically. I'll let you know how it goes.

I'm not doing it via any herbal remedies or detox products, etc., I'm just going to see what I can do on my own. I'm going to stick with fruits, vegies, water and green tea, and I am allowing myself one cup of coffee first thing in the morning.

i fear the produce bill is going to skyrocket though, can you imagine how many fruit and vegies i am going to need to sustain myself :laughing:

There are many ways one can detox. A more gradual way is eating fresh fruits and veggies and eliminating processed food. I have to psyche myself up to do the master cleanse and I would definitely do it again when my schedule is less hectic.

The first three days are horrible. It was theorized that the reason for the ill effects such as headaches, moodiness, etc is sign that the body is getting rid of toxins.

Here's what I've always wondered about cleanses. I have IBS and I normally go to the loo several times a day. Am I cleansing myself or would my system truly benefit from doing a cleanse? I'm not being rude or dismissing but I wonder if it would be of benefit for me.

I have IBS too and I can't do this kind of cleanse. I do like Yogi Tea brand Peach Detox Tea. It is much more gentle. after all, I'm not putting anything that bad in my body to begin with!

It's this and the body going through withdrawl from carbs/sugars. It's pretty intense if you are a carb/sugar junkie...LOL...because of the headaches and all. But, after a few days, it all goes away and you begin to feel absolutely wonderful!!!

I've heard that if you already have a bowel movement 2-3 times a day(normally on a daily basis kinda thing) that you don't have much of a build up????

I have IBS and am lactose intolerant (to a point), this is why I'm doing it. For me I felt it is important to do something like this to give my body an opportunity for a few days to digest only things I know it can perfectly fine, since on a daily basis I have so much trouble digesting all kinds of food. If I feel weak during the day or malnourished or anything I'm going to stop.

Yesterday was my first day, I had to eat a helluva lot of fruits and vegies to survive, I had no problems w/ lack of needing to go to the bathroom, everything ok so far. I did sleep longer than usual last night tho

Wonder if a cleanse would be good for a person with IBS? I suffer from IBS so I am just curious!

Becka are you IBS-D?

Let me know how everything goes as you work through your cleanse. I'm really interested now. Good luck sweetie.

Back