Going to Italy - Need some Makeup Advice!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey everybody!

I lost my post yesterday so here I go again:)...I need some makeup advice/suggestions...I'm going to Italy next week for about 7 days for a dancing trip and I really want to challenge myself to be tastefully yet "funkily" made up each day and night, lol. I'm just a year into really playing with makeup and so I'm wondering if you guys can give me some help with looks i could try for day and night and/or places I can go for inspiration.

My style is pretty funky and ecletic and I just got my hair colored honey blonde so I'm wanting to try some exotic looks too. Basically I want my makeup to stand out but I don't want to look garrish you know:p...So any suggestions???

Thanks guys!!!!

:icon_love :icon_colors:

Leah

p.s., I'm attaching a picture of myself with the new honeyblonde/reddish do :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Hey Leah... How lucky that you get to go to Italy. If you are looking for some inspirations, check out out tutorials forum. I think that you will be pleasantly surprised at what you find there.

Hi, :wavey:

Always good to meet another esty.

You're working that hair.:rocknroll2: Since you want to perk things up a bit, try false eyelashes as they are fabulous. You can try alternating between having the focus of your makeup on your eyes and nude lips or vice versa.

A quick source for inspiration can be Kevyn Aucoin's Face Forward, Making Faces or The Art of Makeup books. Another book I highly recommend is the one by Francois Nars called Makeup Your Mind. This book is great because the color pix also have the matching clear plastic overlays so that you can see exactly where to place the product. I also love the books by Iman, Eve Pearl, Sam Fine, Essence (yes the magazine did put out a beauty book). There are just too many books to mention.

I certainly hope that you enjoy Italy as much as I. It is truly a beautiful place.

Safe journey.....

Have a great time in my home land......Gosh, you look like a young Whitney Houston... you don't need any help or advice....you're fine girl.....!!!

You've got great hair, but just as Marisol said, look into the Tutorials for inspriation, and magazine, and do what you feel comfortable doing, but you would looking stunning a drak borwn smokey eye look...

omg! you all are the coolest sweetest people! Thanks so much:p! I totally forgot about the tutorials! for some reason I was thinking I didn't have access to them yet since I only have like 15 posts so that is great to know! I went by there already and ooo there's some fun stuff there! and they're all so detailed and with pictures - I love it!

Leza, thanks for the book suggestions. I totally forgot about that avenue too, lol...I saw Iman's and yah I fell in love with it and Face Forward too. I'm gonna look for the Makeup Your Mind one - that sounds really cool and helpful.

And all you guys, thanks for the compliments:p! You got me feeling all pretty and stuff! I will definitely take pics in Italy for sure. I can hardly wait! There is a salsa festival there that my dance company has been invited to perform and teach in. It's going to be soo much fun and we'll be there long enough to see the city too. Rehearsing everyday almost is sooo much work but the rewards are sooo awesome, lol. Anyhoo, thanks again everybody!

:worship: :heart:

Leah

Latest posts

Back