Light Reflecting Concealors

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi everyone, Does anyone know the correct way to apply light reflecting concealors to under eye circles? I know that there is a technique to applying this,but every time i use it i tend to highlight rather than conceal. I have bought almost all of the supposed good one's on the market, but just cant get the hang of the light reflecting concealors.

You're right about making it look worse. Touche Eclat is a good one to use or Kevyn Aucoin. Usually the mistake lies in application. Invest in a good concealer brush. Use thin layers and you can also mix in Benefit Highbeam, for an added oomph, not too much though. Then set it with a fine powder.

Good Luck!

Originally Posted by candy Hi everyone, Does anyone know the correct way to apply light reflecting concealors to under eye circles? I know that there is a technique to applying this,but every time i use it i tend to highlight the problem. Please Help as i have bought almost all of the supposed good one's on the market. Thanks for your time.

Yes definitely, like Tinydance said, invest in a good concealer brush. It makes a big difference. I never used to get the concealer to look right until I got a good brush to apply it with.

Hello, Thanks for you helpful advice. What type of brush would you recomend? I have a brush which is used to apply foundation by bare essentuals, would that be any good for applying the concealor? With the LRC, where on the circles should it go. Over it completly or on the sort of dent that the circles make? Thanks for your helpx

I have used Revlon Skinlights Illusion Wand as a light reflecting concealer to use under eyes. The brush included with it doesn't work very well and I found with the texture of this it was easier to just use my fingers. The illusion wand formula was good, but the texture is pretty light and sheer so I don't know if this would work for you.

Hi Mz La La, That sounds like great idea! I think i will give the skinlight illusions a try. Should i go for a particular color tone? Does the illusions go under makeup? Thanksx

My favorite brush for a concealer is Shu Uemura #10, pricey but worth it. MAC #194 is great too. However, L'oreal has a great one, I haven't tried it myself but its very popular. To apply" Dot on with your finger along the "dent" maybe 3 dots, with the brush, smooth it over in an upwards motion until blended. You can use your finger but you get a smoother application with the brush. Don't use your BE foundation brush, you may ruin it. Also, check out Sally's Beauty, they have a line of brushes called "Face Secrets" I've never had a problem with these brushes and their not too expensive either. Good Luck! Originally Posted by candy Hello, Thanks for you helpful advice. What type of brush would you recomend? I have a brush which is used to apply foundation by bare essentuals, would that be any good for applying the concealor? With the LRC, where on the circles should it go. Over it completly or on the sort of dent that the circles make? Thanks for your helpx

Thanks! I will definatly try everyone's tips. I think the light reflecting concealors are too light for me and highlight the area. Any suggestions for which make i could try? I am looking forward to giving it a try and will let you know how i get on. xx

I have NARS concealer brush and I like it. I'm going to take your advice Tinydancer on how to apply it in the future because I was just using it over the area and I don't think the result was that good. Thanks for the tip!

Bare Escentuals Bisque is a multi-tasking concealer, blender with other colors. I moisturize then let it absorb, do my hair, then my face...most folks do it the other way. I use the ring finger on each hand, lightly tap into the Bisque, & then lightly tap from the outer corncer under the eyes to the inner about 20 times. Then I use a concealer brush to tap into the inner corner & sweep any remaining powder together to blend. They have another color called Bare Light that I mix with Mineral Veil on a BIG powder brush set. This one has mica in it for a shimmer that looks very natural.

I have found the tip by GRE8FISH and others invaluable!!!!!!!!!! After trying unsuccessfully to apply the light reflecting concealors several times and following the exact instructions i decided to give it a go. I am so glad i did. I think that by using a yellow toned concealor i have finally found the answer to my problem. So Thanks. I definatley think that LFC's do highlight rather than conceal, but i have found a great use for all my LFC. I now use them to outline my lips before applying my lipstick or gloss so i havent wasted the money or the LFC in the long run. Thanks so much!

I just got the new concealer brush by MAC, and its very soft and easy to use on small spots. Love it!!

Originally Posted by Reija(admin) I have NARS concealer brush and I like it. I'm going to take your advice Tinydancer on how to apply it in the future because I was just using it over the area and I don't think the result was that good. Thanks for the tip!

Latest posts

Back