Why do I always hate my hair after I just have it cut?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Is it true that your hair takes a few days to settle? Am I just insane?

For some reasons my layers just aren't lying right. My hairdresser cut it Saturday and when I left it looked great.

After I washed it Sunday and styled Monday morning, it just hasn't looked the same.

Do you think air drying it and then flat ironing it has something to do with it?

Mine is the same...I love it when I get it done, then hate it for about a week.

I usually go home and cry after I get a hair cut, lol... I always hate it and then eventually grow to like it. Last time I got my hair cut (about a month and a half ago) it was a little different; at first I didn't like it, got home and started to like it... now I kinda hate it :wacko:

I'm exactly the same way--hate my hair the first week after it has been cut(the shorter it is, the worse i feel)then start to really like it. I think it may have something also to do with how,right after the cut,iit always looks different--better,usually--then after you go home & try & wash & style it yourself the same way. It just never looks the same way as the hairstylist does it...The only thing I can think of to do while I wait to "like"my hair again is expeiriment with it, or just pin or te it up for a week, so I won't be obssessing about something I know is bound just to make me feel bad.

Remember, your hair WILL change and grow, and relatively fast--so hang in there! Also, you are usually the only one who sees and feels something to be "all wrong"with your hair, generally not anybody else!

I have no idea. Maybe Janelle will see this thread and give you some advice.

I seem to cut my hair really short, then hate it a few days later and wonder why I cut it. Then try and grow it out again.....just can't make up my mind.

Really... I love mine after its cut/colored. Always looks so pretty and I hate the fact that I can never get it to look like my hair stylist does.

I can't stand mine either after its cut, it takes about 3 or 4 days for my curls to spring back. happens every time, just wait a few days, you'll be happy

Sometimes if the ends are cut somewhat bluntly, they might not seem to lay right... after a few days they do tend to "settle" ... and you will become more comfortable styling it... so that helps as well. I think everyone becomes preoccupied with trying to do it just like their stylist, instead of doing it the way they would 2 weeks from when they got it cut. It could also be your shampoo & products, among several other possibilites. If after a week or so you still don't like it... go back to the salon and have them alter it a bit. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Thanks for everyone letting me know that I'm not alone.

I always love my hair about a week out.

I think I'm obsessing because I'm going on vacation tomorrow and want it to look good.

My boyfriend thinks I'm crazy - he says it looks exactly the same.

:) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

lol It probably does... but I think the female brain is just programmed to think "uh oh... haircut!! what do I do!?" lol but just style it as you did before & I'm sure you'll be fine. ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

And have a good time on your vacation!!

You're not alone because I usually hate my haircut for the first week. I wear my hair short so if it is cut too short it makes me look homely. LOL

Then when it starts to grow in I wonder why I hated the cut because it looks perfect. I think I just hate change and want to look the same all the time when it comes to my hair.

lol, thats like me. But like everyone else after a few days of having it cut i start liking it.

I think you are worrying to much b/c of the trip :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />........But just relax and breathe, and enjoy yourself!!!.........However, I can't really relate because anytime I get my hair cut it's always very little small trim.

Back