Question about Bare Escentuals coverage

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Trying this site--visit MUA occasionally. I like how lightweight BE feels on my skin, but I'm having 2 problems.

1. It doesn't seem to last very long. HOw can I make it more long-lasting?

2. I need fuller coverage...any suggestions?

Here's what I've tried/what I'm using: Primer (either LM or clinique pore minimizer), fdtn with the kabuki (I've even tried the MV "sandwich", which doesn't seem to make a difference with coverage or wear). I seriously put on like 3 light layers to get coverage I need. I add some blush, then the MV. Any good tutorials out there? Also, these brushes are just awful! Any luck applying BE with other brushes for full coverage? TIA for any help!

Welcome :flowers:

About the losng lasting make, you are doing right about the primer, I tried LM primer, and I didn't like it much, so I tried MAC's Prep+Prime and it works wonders.

ABout the coverage, I'm not that much of help provider, but I suggest that you change the brush, like to MAC's 182 brush, it's a bit expensive, but it's well worth it...

was wondering abt mac's prep & prime....have you tried their fix + for setting MU?

I have a few other MAC brushes (as well as some BB ones, too). THey are awesome. BE's brushes just suck. They shed and everything. I tried using my smashbox kabuki, but it really didn't apply the fdtn correctly. I will definitely try the brush you recommended. Thanks for taking the time to respond!

I use BE and I get pretty good coverage. If you check the FOTD forum for today, I posted my pic using BE Medium Beige. I don't use a primer because my skin has a tendency to break out. Believe me my skin is very uneven, and I have plenty of redness on my checks. I use the Kabuki brush with the Tinted Mineral Veil then I do at least 3 coats of the BE minerals, then the Tinted Mineral Veil again to finish. Sounds like a lot of time but it goes extremely quick. My advice it to always start on your face where you want the most coverage, buff in well, don't be shy.

For a touch up throughout the day I use the "soft focus face brush" which has a top and is retractable and I load it with a mix of foundation and tinted mineral veil.

I know that I saw a tutorial for BE on this site.

I could get the coverage I liked, but it never lasted long. I even went to the store and talked to them and they said oh, you just need the mineral veil to set it. --wrong it still didn't work. I finally switched to a different foundation. good luck

Haven't tried their Fix+ but I've heard great things about it. Ask Leila (Macgodess) for how they are. I suggest you use the MAC brushes that you've got for the time being until the look into the other brush.

No problem, anytime...

welcome to MuT, amytude, if i haven't welcomed you already :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

pieced, do you mean the 187 brush?

fix + is a great product and is loved by lots of people here ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

i've never tried BE, so sorry i can't help. i think if you've tried all of that already, i'd just look into a new foundation. sometimes what works for one person doesn't work for the other unfortunately :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

No, I mean 182 brush, the buffer brush.

M·A·C #182 Buffer Brush (Short Handle)=A short-handled brush with exclusive champagne chrome... More ferrule and soft natural bristles. To buff, polish and blend powder or emollient-based products.

I'm going to try a few other things before giving up. I also believe that application is the key w/this product. I'm going to try the Cat kabuki brush (I use the BE kabuki now, but it is so awful--their brushes are really bad). The thing is, I'm not a MU newbie, so you'd think I'd have this figured out by now. I just love the way this feels on my skin, as compared to reg. fdtn and I get so many compliments when wearing it (I never got compliments before). So, thanks for the tips (keep 'em coming)...I'll let you know if I find something really great!

I know that this is repetitive but SeneGence is LONG LASTING! No joke, no unkept promises. I just got back from training in California and I have to tell you , you should all give it a try once. It is money back guaranteed so what do you lose. The foundation provides excellent coverage, not oil based so for oily people no problem there. It is thin with maximum coverage, it doesn't streak or smear when crying or sweating. It stays the same for 6 plus hours. It is anti-aging, and part of a skin cell renewal system. 10% of proceeds go to abused and homeless women. I have had one bottle since Dec. and still have a 1/4 left.

Back