Help with wrinkles

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello,

I am going shopping tomorrow and wanted to know:

Does anyone know of anything that I could buy at Dillards, Sears, Bath and Body, or Walmart that work to get rid/prevent wrinkles. I have fine lines on my forehead and around my eyes.

I also wanted to know if anyone knows of any under eye cream for dark circles that is sold at any of these stores .

Thanks

I have mild wrinkles, probably from my many years of smoking, but I've never searched for a product to correct the problem. I'd really love to learn about this, too!

I know Walmart has RoC and Neutrogena products that contain Retinol or Copper Peptides. I had used them before but didn't find them strong enough to get rid of deep wrinkles. They may help only if your lines are very fine.

i heard neutrogena's anti-wrinkle cream is GREAT. i'm gonna purchase it soon. you can find it at walmart.

good luck!

Have you guys ever thought of shopping for make up online instead of in drug stores? Lots of great products can't be bought in drug stores.I use SeneGence Anti-Aging skin cell renewal system . My skin looks great!

The Avon ANEW series ROCKS. Also, if you have a KOHLS nearby, try the "Good Skin" All Firm rebuilding serum with the All Firm Moisture cream. It's simply wonderful, reasonably priced and it WORKS! Also the smell is delicious - very calming and soothing.

I recommend Retinova / Renova for wrinkles. Also, Retin-A is very good but seems to irritate my skin more. You can't get it in the stores, though. You need a prescription or just order it online. There are plenty of good moisturizers at the stores you mentioned - I just don't think they correct wrinkles that are already there. Good luck!

ALPHA HYDROX!!

Walmart should have it, its one of the highest % of glycolic acid, WITH the proper ph levels to make it work, that you can buy w/o prescription...I've been using it for years and it reallly makes your skin much smoother.

Unfortunately, nothing other than plastic surgery will get rid of wrinkles, they are caused by genetics and sun damage, all you can do is maybe make them look less severe. And remember, tanning is the dumbest thing you can do if you are the least bit worried about aging your skin, so wear sunscreen all the time, especially when using aha's, they make your skin even more sensitve!

I couldn't get Alpha Hydrox at my Walmart I found it at Walgreens. At night I use ROC Deep Wrinkle Night Lotion. In the morning I use the Alpha Hydrox Souffle (12%). Once that gets in, I use Nuetrogenia Visably Firm with SPF 30. If your using these acids on your face GOT TO USE SUNSCENE!! I have been doing this for about a week and half, and the fine lines are deminishing! YIPPY:laughing: Leslie.

I have deep creases/wrinkles, and I've tried Neutrogena Healthy Skin Intensive Eye Treatment for Deep Wrinkles. I used it for about a month, and it didn't do anything for me. I haven't found anything that's worked. I've tried MK, Avon, Neutrogena, and a few others without results. Here's a little something from Paula Begoun, The Cosmetics Cop. She's awesome... Blunt & brutal, but good... You should check out her website (www.cosmeticscop.com), it's great with lots of product reviews, and she even has her own line of skin care and cosmetics products.

Battle Plan for Wrinkles

http://cosmeticscop.com/learn/article.asp?PAGETYPE=ART&REFER=SKIN&ID=12

Dark Circles

http://cosmeticscop.com/learn/article.asp?PAGETYPE=ART&REFER=SKIN&ID=110

I have thought about buying products online there are just so many to pick from I want to know I am buying something that works. Where do you buy SeneGence at?

Thanks for all the great product ideas!!! I have some products I am going to try. I love all the ideas everyone has posted. Thanks for the help. If you still have more products feel free to post them.

As far as online product lines, I like DHC a lot. I agree with the person who posted about Retin-A. It's brutal to get used to and isn't appropriate if you are planning to get pregnant and possibly if you're breastfeeding, but it WILL make your skin look fantastic (after making it look horrible).

Oh -- one more thing about the dark circles. Try a product with hydroquinone (I'm sure I butchered the spelling). It's a skin lightening agent. Obagi uses it in its "Clear" cream. A dermatologist could also write you a script for it. You can even mix it with Retin-A.

WOW!! That is dramatic! Do you have to buy the whole system to get those results? Can I buy just the face lotion?:icon_scratch: Leslie

You can buy the face lotion but if you want that kind of result I suggest the RE9 lift. It is affordable and gives a temp lift for 6-8 hours and works on long term. If you want the full effect for permenent use then I suggest the whole system.

Ann Phelps :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Latest posts

Back