Hair color removers

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
just wondering if they work or not. long story short, I used to have white/blonde hair (from a bottle) I now have reddish/brownish hair and I want to go to a medium blonde. however, I have colored it 3 times with no success. it stays red no matter what I do. this color does not suit me at all, but I do not want to bleach it. I have been thinking of trying to remove what I have and start out fresh. what should I do?

You can try a color remover, but depending on how much red & brown you have it in now... it can lift to almost an orangy shade. If you want to lighten that many shades, I'd go to the salon if possible. It's going to need some sort of lightening agent.

Use a medium or light ash blonde. Depending on how dark your color is. The green base will cancel out the red. A hair color remover will strip the hair. The result will be uneven and your hair will feel really dry. Hair color removers are almost like using bleach. Trust me. I once had no choice but to do this for a client. Her hair need a lot of care to get it back to normal.

why don't you try either an ash med. blonde or natural and ash and mix together. the ash helps get rid of red. or better yet call a salon or walk in one and ask someone what to do.

Depending on how dark your hair is, try an ash blonde. If that doesn't work, definitely go to a salon. Before I got my cometology license I stripped my hair, to get it from red to blonde, and it looked absolutely horrible. It's extremely difficult to do by yourself, and just not worth it. A salon will charge a hefty amount, so perhaps try a reputable cosmetology school.

Back