Monistat Anti-Chafing Gel as a Foundation Primer...

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was reading on another makeup board that this works as a great foundation primer for a lot of ladies, so I was wondering if any of you ladies have ever used this. If so, what did you think?

Um, isn't monistat for yeast infections? How is it supposed to work?

It's not the medication. It's a powder gel for chafing of delicate areas. It's not medicated.

Oh, I was going to say, how weird. I bet it has dimethicones, which is in primers. Anyone have an ingredient list?

I use this as a primer, and I LOVE it. I got the recommendation from another beauty board and it does work every bit as good as any type of primer you can buy. My liqiuid foundation goes on so smoothly, it's wonderful! Now, it is NOT the yeast infection medication. It's an anti-chaf clear cream (that dries to a very silky finish) that is made by the makers of Monistat. You'll find it down that aisle of Walgreens. Now, for the ingredient list....

Cyclopentasioloxane, dimethicone, dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone, crosspolymer, silica, tocopheryl acetate and trisiloxane.

This sounds great and inexpensive!!! I just want to know for those that tried it is it okay for those with oily skin? :satisfied:

Oh lordy, this sounds like something I might try. Thank goodness stores now have those self-checkouts. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I tried it and thought it was an exact dupe for Smashbox Photofinish Primer. I am not a fan of foundation primers, but for those who are this might be an inexpensive alternative.

I just looked this up on drugstore.com, and one woman mentioned she used it for a mu primer in the cust. reviews! She said it was like DHC velvet coat, I think...

I read about this on MUT about 2 weeks ago. A new member inquired about primers and someone responded by saying they used the Monistat anti-chaffing gel. It has the same ingredient as expensive primers--silicone. She said an MA suggested it to her. Cost all of $6.39 at Walmart. I'm luvin it! I'd sampled MAC Prep + Prime Face-- $19.99, loved it, but purchased this instead. I do not need to touchup with powder during the day, no shine. :satisfied: What a bargain!

I just don't think I could get over the idea of applying something that is meant for down below on my face. I love my overpriced Shiseido!

If I try this and like it, I will put it in one of those empty bonus size clinique jars, just so I don't have to look at a monistat tube when i put on my mu. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I was just looking at foundation primers and thinking "this stuff is too expensive for me!"... but now... wow... i'm so gonna get this, lol! I LOVE how much i learn here!!!

Hello all-

I can't help but wonder how someone came up with this idea...Oh never mind, I don't think I wanna know.

This isn't the oddest thing I've heard. I've had to use feminine hygiene wipes to remove my make-up, and I think they work even better than other make-up remover wipes. They are way more gentle and work just as well :w00t:

Latest posts

Back