"Fat-Face Syndrome"

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I used to laugh at a friend because she always ended up looking chubby in the face in pics... We never understood why... The laughter ended when it started happening to me too *lmao*

Maybe I'm just an idiot, but it wasn't until tonight that my DH told me why it happens. I have a knack for holding my head "back" into my body, so it makes my face look chubby/puffy. He said if I stuck it out it wouldn't happen. Wouldn't you know, he was right? So, now I don't have "fat-face syndrome" as I called it *lmao*

I'll definitely have to let my friend know. Did anyone else know this? And if you didn't know it, now you do :whistling:

I've always noticed that I have a "not as chubby" face when I turn my head slightly to one side and not holding my head back.

No matter what I do when I smile, I always have chubby cheeks in pictures.:madno:

That works for me too, but there's times I don't think about that. Not to mention, my nose always looks so long/big when I take pics from the side (to me anyway). The hasn't been a real way for me to accomplish that "feat" yet...

Idk.... I have "odd" facial features IMO. When I smile my cheeks become HUGE and it makes my eyes look teeny-weenie!!! Oye :blink:

haha, how cute!

i also notice myself having it, too, but i don't think i could get rid of it LOL

Yes I also seem to have the same affliction, though I tried your advice but unfortunatley it didnt work for me im still a round face!

Try stretching your neck when you take photos....but of course, don't make it too obvious...make it look as if you naturally have a long slender neck. This works for me.

Omg...same here...I have chubby cheeks but i will try following aerisly's advice. My cousins used to make fun of me and compare me to a balloon. They would say my head was like a balloon and my body is like the string/ribbon. lol

see! this is one reason why i don't like taking pix! you wouldn't know how your face looks unless you take the picture in front of a mirror and adjust it to hide whatever flaws you have in your head! LOL

If you check my profile, I actually did it for that pic. It's not necessarily jutting your face forward so much than it is elongating the neck and slightly sticking your head out... I'm lucky that I now have a digital camera so I can see what the pics look like before I do anything with them. :hehe:

Thanks for the tips. I tend to get the fat face look in pics and I just hate it even though no one else notices it.

lol your to funny! my sis takes pics with her soulders back and her body forward and it makes her look so fat! lmao! i tell her all the time! as for me i hope in my pics my face dont look fat :satisfied: if they do TELL ME PEOPLE!

i have to take a steriod and it has an effect of making me have big babyface cheeks. i hate my cheeks but i can't simply suck them in like we can our tummies...if i suck in my cheeks, i look like fish face, eh? *giggles*

I don't know what can be done for it. I think I tend to hold my head a bit high when i know my pic is being snapped. My hubby loves my full thick cheeks...he sort of scoffs when I say I don't like them. "I want lipo on my cheeks!" I whine. I would do almost anything to have the great cheekbone I had when I was 15 and super skinny and still retain my curves somehow.

sighs. such is life!

Back