What is the worst fragrance you've ever smelled?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just out of curiousity. Fragrance smells different on everyone. It can be something you tried and hated or it can be one of those awful smells that someone wears to the office or even something your mother, ex-boyfriend, friend or family member wears.

Oh honey, I've smelled LOTS of them! Most I don't even know the names for! Quite honestly, two scents that stick out are for men. Michael Jordan's cologne, and all of those damned Axe scents... EW, EW, EW!!!!!

Yeah, AXE is a freaking body spray, not cologne. Tons of boys wear that at school and it is just gross.

I don't like

*Clinique Happy

*Estee Lauder Pleasures

*Guerlain Shalimar

*Britney Spears Curious

*Drakkar Noir

*The perfume my old English teacher uses! I don't know what it is, but it just stinks of florally incense and an old lady wearing a fur coat smoking cigars and playing cards. And old doilies.
biggrin.gif

I never understood why anyone liked Chanel No. 5. It's totally repulsive IMHO.

As far as Shalimar is concerned....it's not horrible to me, but that's because.....I LOVE Champs de Elysses and my ex-boyfriend picked up Shalimar for me instead......DUMBA$$. Totally different smells. I was with him for over 2 years, so I kinda felt obligated to wear it every now and then and I got used to it, but I will NEVER buy it again.

I also can't stand it when a guy douses himself in cologne, particularly Tommy or Polo Sport, even though I like the scents themselves, some guys just overdo it.

And stinky overloaded aftershave, combined with cigarette smoke.....UGH! The vending machine guy at work bears that horrible scent. Smoking will kill any fragrance.

The thing with Shalimar for me, it is SOO powdery, it makes me sneeze, and I just think it smells old. I don't like that about it.

And any scent on a smoker does smell repulsive. blech.

Originally Posted by anne7 The thing with Shalimar for me, it is SOO powdery, it makes me sneeze, and I just think it smells old. I don't like that about it.
And any scent on a smoker does smell repulsive. blech.

I should clarify....I don't think Shalimar is horrible, but I don't like it either. It does smell old!!

Haha, I always think of an older woman when I smell it. It wouldn't be horrible to me if it didn't make me sneeze and give me a major headache.

Moschino I Love Love smells icky, IMO. I always get those strips in my magazines, and I rip them out so I don't have to smell them. Oh, same with Paris Hilton's new perfume that was in the new Allure. That stuff smells rank, at least on the strip. Armani Code smelled wonderful though....rambling
biggrin.gif

Any by Estee Lauder..it just smells old...and I can't stand Polo..ewwwwww...

Originally Posted by anne7 Yeah, AXE is a freaking body spray, not cologne. Tons of boys wear that at school and it is just gross.
I don't like

*Clinique Happy

*Estee Lauder Pleasures

*Guerlain Shalimar

*Britney Spears Curious

*Drakkar Noir

*The perfume my old English teacher uses! I don't know what it is, but it just stinks of florally incense and an old lady wearing a fur coat smoking cigars and playing cards. And old doilies.
biggrin.gif

LoL .. i don't know wut is it w/me likeing things other ppl don't but ... i actually like Axe ... i think it's axe .... or maybe it's the other D/S spray
icon_scratch.gif
and i liked my mom's EL pleasures so much .. i went out and bought the lotion and perfume ....

calvin klein's TRUTH is the WORST! my ex bought it for me and i was like, uh, thanks, smells like feet that hasn't been washed in 2 years.

Originally Posted by eightthirty I never understood why anyone liked Chanel No. 5. It's totally repulsive IMHO.
As far as Shalimar is concerned....it's not horrible to me, but that's because.....I LOVE Champs de Elysses and my ex-boyfriend picked up Shalimar for me instead......DUMBA$$. Totally different smells. I was with him for over 2 years, so I kinda felt obligated to wear it every now and then and I got used to it, but I will NEVER buy it again.

I also can't stand it when a guy douses himself in cologne, particularly Tommy or Polo Sport, even though I like the scents themselves, some guys just overdo it.

And stinky overloaded aftershave, combined with cigarette smoke.....UGH! The vending machine guy at work bears that horrible scent. Smoking will kill any fragrance.

I agree with you on the chanel no. 5!!! It stinks!
yuck.gif
. Why the hell does it cost so much..it smells cheap too hehe

Originally Posted by anne7 Haha, I always think of an older woman when I smell it. It wouldn't be horrible to me if it didn't make me sneeze and give me a major headache.
Moschino I Love Love smells icky, IMO. I always get those strips in my magazines, and I rip them out so I don't have to smell them. Oh, same with Paris Hilton's new perfume that was in the new Allure. That stuff smells rank, at least on the strip. Armani Code smelled wonderful though....rambling
biggrin.gif

Yup! Code smells sooooo good! I want it and I hate the paris one too hehe!

its a guys one, but it was this one versace one and oh my god it was horrid. my ex accendently sprayed it on me, and the whole car reeked of the stuff for days. it was just gross.

Originally Posted by anne7 Yeah, AXE is a freaking body spray, not cologne. Tons of boys wear that at school and it is just gross.
They buy into those commercial. They're waiting for the babes to start chasing them all over...hahahaha
I love Shalimar but I can't wear it. I used to work with someone who wore it and I loved loved loved it on her but on me it smells too sharp, oh, and I'm a smoker...
whistling.gif

yo well, I still love and wear perfume. yeah i'm wasting my $$ but I'm gonna quit (smoking) someday...
eusa_wall.gif

Lancome had this awful LE fragrance that smelled like moth balls in a rotting casket, bleh!

i truly can not stand VS love spell, every girl at school wears it, it just makes my stomach turn.
eusa_wall.gif

Polo for men(the green bottle-gahhh!)

Poison (the original) instantly gives me a skullache, although I do not mind Hypnotic Poison

My Mom wears Chanel No 5 bless her heart but I cannot stomach it sometimes

-Clinique Happy

-Britney Spears Curious

-one of the Paris Hilton ones, not sure which one

-anything overdone

-many more-

Latest posts

Back